lululemon athletica GEC Team Lead Full Time in Vancouver, BC
Branch Vancouver BC CA
GEC Team Lead
As a member of the lululemon team, you will work in a fast paced environment that emphasizes goal setting, health and fitness, community involvement and…
Team Lead, GEC
Located in Vancouver, British Columbia, the Guest Education Centre (GEC) is the main contact centre for lululemon and ivivva by lululemon. The GEC is a vital frontline connection with our guests. Most people call them customers, but because we create an inviting environment, we call them guests.
If people and operations are your passion, this role is for you! As a Team Lead, you will manage, coach, support, and elevate a group of Educators. Additionally, you are responsible for leading the floor to success. You do this by managing call centre queues and ensuring our service levels meet expectations to contribute to our exceptional guest experience. You are a maverick when it comes to delegating, providing in the moment feedback, and following up on outstanding issues.
As a member of the lululemon team, you will work in a fast paced environment that emphasizes goal setting, health and fitness, community involvement and personal development through our core values. We also have a lot of fun!
- Responsible for providing ongoing coaching, training, and feedback to educators.
- Responsible for assessing and managing educator performance including performance improvement plans and formal performance reviews for a group of educators.
- Manages daily operations and performs intra-day analyst duties as required.
- Provides daily floor support.
- Reviews and interprets departmental and individual performance reports to identify trends and issues.
- Participates in; and facilitates GEC leadership meetings.
- Manages the development and delivery of projects.
- Identifies and develops future leaders.
- Participates in personal and professional learning sessions.
- Fosters a strong team environment.
- Reports to GEC Operations Manager.
- Performs additional projects, duties, and assignments as required.
Skills and Qualifications
- Excellent leadership skills with the ability to coach and train educators.
- Strategic problem solver with an operational and creative mindset.
- Able to demonstrate sound judgement, and strong decision making abilities.
- Can view issues and make decisions in a non-emotional manner.
- Highly motivated entrepreneur who takes calculated risks.
- Strong time management skills and ability to prioritize tasks.
- Strong organizational and multitasking skills, attention to detail is a must.
- Able to work well under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Able to see trends through transferable knowledge and communicate them effectively. Everyone has a voice at the GEC.
- Business acumen and holistic thinking.
- Able to understand numbers and reports.
- Excellent verbal and written communication.
- Intermediate to advanced computer skills; this includes proficiency in Microsoft Office, an ability to type 50 wpm, and strong experience navigating the internet.
- High school diploma required, post-secondary education is an asset
- 1-2 years supervisor experience preferred
- Bilingualism (French/English) is an asset
Our Must Haves
- Thrives in a rapidly evolving, ambiguous work place.
- Coachable, adaptable, and open to change.
- Responsible and dependable with utmost integrity.
- Passion for and involvement in yoga, fitness, health, and/or sports. #thesweatlife
- Friendly, upbeat, optimistic, and authentic.
- At a desk for up to 8 hours/day.
- Shift times range from 5am to 9pm on weekdays and 6am to 6pm weekends. Our guests lead lives outside the standard 9-5 and we are right there with them.
- 40 hours a week with potential for overtime should the need arise
- Occasional light lifting of supplies and materials (up to 20lbs)
- Successful applicant is expected to spend a minimum of 1 year in the role
Job: Guest Education Center (GEC)
Organization: Store Support Center
Unposting Date: Ongoing