lululemon athletica Employee Relations (ER) Consultant Full Time in Vancouver, BC
Branch Vancouver BC CA
Employee Relations (ER) Consultant
Excellent technical ability (Word, Excel, Database programs). Employment decisions are based on merit and business needs, and not on race, color, creed, age,…
Employee Relations (ER) Consultant
Who we are
lululemon is a yoga-inspired technical apparel company up to big things. The practice and philosophy of yoga informs our overall purpose to elevate the world through the power of practice. We are proud to be a growing global company with locations all around the world, from Vancouver to Shanghai, and places in between. We owe our success to our innovative product, our emphasis on our stores, our commitment to our people, and the incredible connections we get to make in every community we are in.
About this team
- Reporting directly to the Manager, People & Culture, the Employee Relations (ER) Consultant works closely with employees and managers to support the People Practices Team.
- Areas of support include employee relations, investigations, and coaching business partners; support with creation, facilitation and or administration of training programs; as well as development, maintenance and administration of company people policies. Accuracy, confidentiality, clear communication and follow up are key accountabilities.
A day in the life:
- Lead and support a variety of investigations; determine the most effective approach to each investigation, conduct interviews and develop sufficient evidence to establish the facts, effectively document throughout, and provide recommended next steps for resolution
- Provide consultation to team that supports pro-active approach in addressing employee relations concerns
- Develops relationships, takes partnership and provides coaching to business partners
- Stays up-to-date on current employment laws and policies/ practices
- Support with creating and evolving organizational practices for investigations
- Host virtual and in person employee chat sessions on focused topics in partnership with leaders and other cross functional partners
- Support with reporting and analytics of employee relations trends
- Assist People & Culture team with creation of company policies, identifies gaps in current policies and develops new policies as required
- Under direction of Manager, perform/complete additional projects, duties, assignments as needed
- Travel as necessary to support the above responsibilities
- 5-7 years Human Resources experience with a focus on employee relations and investigations
- A post secondary diploma, degree or certificate in human resource management
- Knowledge of employment/labour standards in the US and Canada
- Knowledge of Human Rights legislation and law
- Experience in Retail and strong understanding of the store experience
- Ability to travel at least 25% of the time
- Strong communication skills both written & verbal
- Excellent technical ability (Word, Excel, Database programs)
- Highly ethical and able to deal with confidential issues with tact & discretion
- A passion for the entire people process
- Excellent organizational skills and abilities
- Detail-oriented and committed to a high degree of accuracy
- Capable of effectively managing multiple demands from a variety of sources
- Builds relationships quickly; must be an effective team player
- Understand and maintain a high level of confidentiality
- Be able to maintain composure in demanding situations
- Acknowledges the presence of choice in every moment and takes personal responsibility for their life.
- Possesses an entrepreneurial spirit and continuously innovates to achieve great results.
- Communicates with honesty and kindness, and creates the space for others to do the same.
- Leads with courage, knowing the possibility of greatness is bigger than the fear of failure.
- Fosters connection by putting people first and building trusting relationships.
- Integrates fun and joy as a way of being and working, aka doesn’t take themselves too seriously.
NOTE: Only those applicants under consideration will be contacted. Please accept our utmost appreciation for your interest. lululemon is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. Employment decisions are based on merit and business needs, and not on race, color, creed, age, sex, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, religion, marital status, medical condition, physical or mental disability, military service, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions or any other classification protected by federal, state or provincial and local laws and ordinances. Reasonable accommodation is available for qualified individuals with disabilities, upon request. This Equal Employment Opportunity policy applies to all practices relating to recruitment and hiring, compensation, benefits, discipline, transfer, termination and all other terms and conditions of employment. While management is primarily responsible for seeing that lululemon equal employment opportunity policies are implemented, you share in the responsibility for assuring that, by your personal actions, the policies are effective.