OverviewLoyaltyOne Senior System Administrator Full Time in Toronto, ON
Branch Toronto ON CA
Senior System Administrator
Retail, and travel and hospitality industries to profitably change customer. With, understands change management process….
Senior System Administrator – ( 0069409 ) About Us
LoyaltyOne is a subsidiary of Alliance Data Services headquartered in Dallas, Texas. LoyaltyOne works with more than 100 of North
America’s leading brands in the retail, financial services, grocery, petroleum retail, and travel and hospitality industries to profitably change customer behavior. Through a team of businesses, including the AIR MILES Reward Program, that each specialize in a loyalty discipline, LoyaltyOne designs, delivers and manages a suite of loyalty marketing services focused on consumer data, customer-centric retail strategies, direct-to-consumer marketing, loyalty consulting and more.
Furthermore, for the last 6 consecutive years (including 2015), LoyaltyOne was recognized by Hewitt Associates as one of the 50 Best Employers in Canada, demonstrating LoyaltyOne’s continued commitment to providing a great work experience for its associates and a great service experience for its clients.
About the Opportunity
Works with Agile development teams to help guide them with respect to preparing releases for production. Knowledge of methodologies such as DevOps and the Agile Manifesto are key to the role. An understanding of Kanban and this process tool are an advantage.
- Will work with development project teams to design, build, test and implement medium and high complexity project environments. Working in uncharted territory where similar environments may not exist in Loyalty One organization, the System Administrator may design, build and test different configurations to identify the appropriate solution.
- Participate in IT infrastructure and development projects and provides subject matter expertise. Designs deployment architecture for medium and complex development projects. Typically works simultaneously on 2 major initiatives as prime and 2-3 smaller initiatives.
- Troubleshoot and resolve technical operational issues related to IT Infrastructure such as Level 2 trouble shooting with the development teams on an application that is not working as designed
- Conducts research and testing related to assigned development projects and infrastructure initiatives, recommends solutions and/or changes to improves performance, stability, functionality or systems management processes
- Citrix (XenApp and XenDesktop), VMware, Exchange, Ping Federate and Active Directory experience is required. Identity management in the cloud and enablement of SSO also of value.
- Where necessary, provide maintenance and patching of environments for security, compliance and stability. Assist with response to audits, both internal and external for SOX and PCI purposes.
- College or Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or the Engineering field
- Proficient working with Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Visio and Access
- 7-10 years of demonstrated experience in Unix (Redhat Linux, Solaris 10/11)
- Demonstrated ability to deliver complex projects on a deadline and coordinate with both technical and non-technical resources.
- Good technical documentation abilities
- Excellent troubleshooting and problem solving skills
- Excellent communication skills (verbal, written)
- Familiar with, understands change management process
- Relevant Professional Certifications/Designations
- Solid understanding of standard internet protocols such as HTTP, SMTP or DNS
- Solid experience with Java Application Servers (Tomcat, JBoss, Weblogic)
- Results driven, team oriented
- Familiarity with Puppet, Chef or any other tools for configuration and deployment automation
- Provisioning with vmWare based Linux environments
- Disaster Recovery using vmWare SRM
- Scripting in Python or Ruby
- Load balancing, switching, firewalls
- Revision control with Git or Subversion
- System Provisioning using Kickstart (automated deployment tool) or Spacewalk (network Satellite Server for linux servers)
Alliance Data is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. Accordingly, we will make reasonable accommodations to respond to the needs of people with disabilities in accordance with legislation.
Alliance Data participates in E-Verify
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Toronto, ON, CA
Posted on: 2015-05-22