OverviewLowe’s Companies Social Media & Content Specialist Full Time in Toronto, ON
Branch Toronto ON CA
Social Media & Content Specialist
Strong ability to quickly craft creative, original, eye-catching, innovative content and social posts that inspire, engage, and ultimately convert audiences….
Why Join Us?
It’s an exciting time to begin a career with Lowe’s! We are one of Canada’s largest home improvement companies and we continue to focus on our Canadian growth and bringing the Lowe’s brand closer to the customer.
Wherever we operate, we are committed to making a meaningful difference in the lives of our employees, our customers and in the communities in which we live and work.
If you’re a passionate person who shares our values and is committed to delivering exceptional results for our customers, we want to meet you! We offer competitive compensation, comprehensive benefits, a supportive team environment and plenty of opportunities for personal and career development.
Please note our office location is currently in Toronto. However in early 2017, our office will be moving to Mississauga.
Reporting to the Manager of Social Media, Content and SEO, the Social Media and Content Specialist is responsible for, the content production process, creation of SEO-optimized and web-friendly content, and assisting with the implementation of Search Engine Optimization (SEO) initiatives. They will also be responsible for managing and growing Lowe’s Canada’s social media presence and conversion.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Create new and update existing content pages: Effectively copy write as well as coordinate the production process with a strong focus on SEO, design, and UX best practices, while keeping in mind cross-marketing opportunities for social media
• Support the growth of Lowe’s social channels (Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, and Instagram): Create, schedule, and share daily quality content, while engaging with audiences and identifying opportunities for channel/business growth
• Analyze and take action: Capture and leverage web and social analytics/insights to identify high-impact opportunities for business growth and customer interactions
• Strategize for Social and SEO: Develop forward-reaching initiatives to improve SEO authority and social engagement (such as integrated sweepstakes/giveaways, influencer/blogger marketing, link building)
• Maintain Lowe’s voice across content and social channels, as well as maintain branding by designing creative to accompany social posts using Photoshop or InDesign
• Monitor Lowe’s customer service team to ensure that all customer service posts are responded to accurately and in a timely manner
• Collaborate with vendors as needed to provide social support for campaigns, and coordinate social media efforts with external groups as needed
• Update and maintain the Social Media Calendar to coincide scheduling with key seasonal and business-driven initiatives
• Provide editorial and creative support to other departments as needed
• Proactively seek out new opportunities to find better ways to work and achieve goals
• Diligent proofreader, copy-editor, and fact-checker with an eye for detail and commitment to accuracy
• Strong abilities to make business decisions with minimal guidance while handling multiple tasks simultaneously
• Strong ability to quickly craft creative, original, eye-catching, innovative content and social posts that inspire, engage, and ultimately convert audiences
• Strong skills in the following areas: Project management, time management, organization, workflow/workload management, ability to juggle multiple simultaneous projects and deadlines; adaptable to change in the fast-paced promo-based retail environment
• Strong understanding of design, social media, UX, SEO, and influencer/content marketing best practices
• College diploma or university degree, preferably with a focus in English, Marketing, Business or related area of study
• Two years previous work experience in Content, Production, Social Media, Marketing and/or Advertising strongly desired
• Proficiency in Photoshop and/or InDesign, social media publishing platforms like Hootsuite, Microsoft Office
• French proficiency is an asset
More About Us:
Serving both retail and commercial customers, Lowe’s offers one of the largest selections of home improvement products and is dedicated to providing exceptional customer service. With over 40,000 products in-stock and thousands more online, Lowe’s helps customers build, improve and beautify their homes.
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Toronto, ON, CA
Posted on: 2017-01-23