OverviewLowe’s Companies Customer Service Associate – Inside Lawn and Garden Part Time in Ottawa, ON
Branch Ottawa ON CA
Customer Service Associate – Inside Lawn and Garden
Ability to operate store equipment in assigned area (including but not limited to LRT, telephone, paging system, copiers, fax machines, computers, CCTV…
Provide superior customer service by assisting customers in selection, demonstration, and purchase of product including special orders and installations. Keep shelves fully stocked, fronted according to planogram and correctly priced. Greet and acknowledge all customers in a friendly, professional manner and provide quick, responsive customer service. Responsible for all other duties as assigned.
Work Schedule · Requires morning, afternoon and evening availability any day of the week.
· Flowed schedule, determined by Labor Scheduling system and store management based on the needs of the store.
· Requests to be scheduled off for a specific day require advanced notification and approval by supervisor.
· Hourly Full Time, Part Time or Seasonal: Generally scheduled 39 to 40, 10 to 25, or 10 to 39 hours per week respectively; more hours may be required based on the needs of the store.
Essential Knowledge, Skills · Ability to apply basic mathematical concepts such as adding, subtracting, multiplying, dividing and knowledge of weights and measures.
· Understand and respond appropriately to basic customer and employee inquiries.
· Read, write and communicate using English language sufficient to perform job functions (Other preferences will be given for special language skills when there is a business need).
· Knowledge of company’s mission, purpose, goals and the role of every employee in achieving each of them.
· Ability to operate store equipment in assigned area (including but not limited to LRT, telephone, paging system, copiers, fax machines, computers, CCTV surveillance system, key cutting, panel saw, paint mixing computer, blind cutting, fork lifts, pallet jacks, electric lifts, etc.).
· Satisfactorily complete all Lowe’s training requirements (including annual Hazardous Material, Forklift certification/departmental training, etc.).
· Ability to interpret price tag and UPC information.
· Ability to operate/demonstrate/explain merchandise in assigned area.
Physical Job Requirements · Ability to move throughout all areas of the store; sales floor, receiving, register areas, lawn and garden, including the outside perimeter of the store.
· Move objects up to and exceeding 200 pounds with reasonable accommodations.
· Able to wear all necessary personal protective equipment to perform job functions.
· Stand and/or sit continuously and perform job functions for a full shift with meal break.
· Physically able to stand, bend, stoop, kneel, reach, twist, lift, push, pull, climb, balance, crouch, handle and move items weighing up to 50 pounds without assistance.
· Visual acuity corrected to perform job functions. Ability to distinguish color to perform job functions.
Environmental Concerns · May be subject to both inside & outside environmental conditions.
· Not necessarily protected from weather and temperature changes; possible exposure to hot, cold, wet, humid or windy weather conditions.
· Exposure to constant or intermittent sounds of a pitch level sufficient to cause marked distraction.
· Exposure to shaking objects and equipment.
Performance Standards · Honor the 10% Price Guarantee at all times.
· Responsible for wearing clean uniform, nametag and will be well groomed at all times.
· Comply with performance criteria, standards of conduct, discipline and discharge procedures contained in the New Employee Orientation Guide and Employment Package, Store Operations Policy Procedure Manual, Human Resource Management Guide, Code of Ethics, Merchandise Maintenance programs, and Safety programs.
· Must meet all PPA, PDP, or STAR review standards applicable to job.
· Must be able to perform the job responsibilities, with or without reasonable accommodation.
Lowe’s Canada is an inclusive employer. If selected for an interview, please advise our Human Resources team if you require accommodation during the interview and assessment process and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs.
Employment Type: Part Time
Location: Ottawa, ON, CA
Posted on: 2016-03-30