OverviewLondon Life Business Analyst – Data & Analytics Full Time in Toronto, ON
Branch Toronto ON CA
Business Analyst – Data & Analytics
Data integrity, test design, analysis, validation, and documentation Able to perform mathematical analysis across a variety of areas which could include:….
This is an entry level opportunity to join our Data & Analytics team in our Strategic Customer Marketing business unit. We operate like a start-up within one of Canada’s largest financial services institutions, having recently opened collaborative new space in London and Toronto. We are looking for bright and energetic new graduate to join us as a Business Analyst, working out of our centre in Toronto.
- Business problem solver
- Ability to identify business problems, that if remedied, could return dollar savings
- Identify root causes and contributors to underlying business problems
- Formulate remedies and prescribe how they will fix these business issues
- Fact-Based Quantitative Analyst
- Able to model data and metadata for ad hoc and pre-built reporting
- Able to work with very large data-sets (millions of records and thousands of variables)
- Able to learn how to retrieve the data from these systems through multiple languages
- Recognize and adopt best practices in reporting and analysis: data integrity, test design, analysis, validation, and documentation
- Able to perform mathematical analysis across a variety of areas which could include: customer, marketing, segmentation, call-center, underwriting, product, claims, operations, fraud, field & territory management, workforce performance, web analytics, etc.
- In the process of completing relevant post-secondary education in one of the following disciplines:
- Statistics, Mathematics, Engineering, Science, Computer Science or Business Administration
- Excellent Excel proficiency
- Versatile user of a variety of mathematical packages with a mix of proficiency across:
- SAS, SPSS, R, SQL, Matlab, VBA, C++, Java
- A team player, with strong collaboration skills
- Strong analysis and problem solving skills
- Self-motivated and hungry to learn
- Ability to manage and report on the status of individual tasks
- Strong communication skills – both verbal and written – as there will be exposure to leadership both within Data & Analytics and across multiple lines of business
- Comfortable working in a flexible, dynamic and changing environment
- Relevant work, school, and/or volunteering experience (an asset)
We offer a challenging, team-oriented work environment, competitive income and benefits, and opportunities for professional and personal development and growth.
Discover your opportunity….
Apply with cover letter and resume today!
Together Great-West Life, London Life and Canada Life serve the financial security needs of 12 million people across Canada, with additional operations in Europe and the United States. As members of the Power Financial Corporation group of companies, we’re one of Canada’s leading insurers with interests in life insurance, health insurance, investment and retirement savings. We offer a broad portfolio of financial and benefit plan solutions for individuals, families, businesses and organizations.
We are committed to providing an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of the communities in which we live, and to creating an environment where every employee has the opportunity to reach their potential.
Only Candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Toronto, ON, CA
Posted on: 2017-04-11