OverviewLondon Life Administrative Associate Full Time in Vancouver, BC
Branch Vancouver BC CA
As an Administrative Associate, reporting directly to the Operations Manager at Broadway Financial Centre, you will contribute to the advisor’s success by…
As an Administrative Associate, reporting directly to the Operations Manager at Broadway Financial Centre, you will contribute to the advisor’s success by providing reception coverage, client service and general administrative processes.
- Run daily reports and compare data to paperwork received in the Financial Centre checking for accuracy.
- Review new applications and other Quadrus paperwork for completeness and forward to the Branch Manager for review and approval
- Balance various Quadrus payments on Move Money or submit to Home Office for balancing
- Ensure same-day forwarding of payment and paperwork to Quadrus for further processing, avoiding trade delays
- Compare “Know Your Client” (KYC) information for completeness and consistency of client information between the signed form and Investment Centre
- Communicate outstanding file requirements to advisors and follow up as necessary
- Pursue outstanding paperwork with Quadrus and/or fund companies to obtain copies
- Create a monthly report of outstanding file requirements and any items that were received not-in-good order (NIGO)
- Escalate outstanding items, instances of non-compliance and any trends to the Branch Manager and report monthly to the Quadrus Provincial Compliance Officer
- Coordinate requirements for compliance audits
- Keep filing up-to-date and manage Quadrus branch file retention in the Financial Centre
- Ensure transfers of books of business between advisors are reflected in the branch files
- Manage Quadrus report storage and retention
- General reception duties
- Actively participate in coaching and mentoring other staff and advisors in the Financial Center.
Qualifications and Competencies :
- Post-Secondary education; business related field preferred
- Proficient in using E-mail, Word, Excel & PowerPoint, aptitude for learning new technology
- Effective communication skills, both written and verbal, responding promptly to requests; effective telephone techniques; tact, courtesy and patience
- Understand the need to quickly change priorities and respond in a positive manner
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks and work with continuous interruptions
- Strong problem solving skills and can do attitude
- Establish and maintain positive working relationships with others both internally and externally
- Mandarin speaking as an asset
We offer a challenging, team-oriented work environment, competitive income and benefits, and opportunities for professional and personal development and growth.
Discover your opportunity….
Apply with cover letter and resume today!
Together Great-West Life, London Life and Canada Life serve the financial security needs of 12 million people across Canada, with additional operations in Europe and the United States. As members of the Power Financial Corporation group of companies, we’re one of Canada’s leading insurers with interests in life insurance, health insurance, investment and retirement savings. We offer a broad portfolio of financial and benefit plan solutions for individuals, families, businesses and organizations.
We are committed to providing an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of the communities in which we live, and to creating an environment where every employee has the opportunity to reach their potential.
Candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Vancouver, BC, CA
Posted on: 2017-02-11