OverviewLondon Health Sciences Centre Temporary – Compensation Associate – Compensation Operations Full Time in London, ON
London Health Sciences Centre
Branch London ON CA
Temporary – Compensation Associate – Compensation Operations
Human Resources – Compensation Operations. Ability to critically think through complex issues, demonstrating good judgement in problem solving,….
January 28, 2015
Human Resources – Compensation Operations
The Compensation Associate is responsible for ensuring timely and accurate gross pay for employees. This includes support for timekeepers and some review/audit, as well as maintenance of entitlements such as vacation, sick leave, seniority and service and processing of necessary adjustments. The Associate is also responsible for communicating the above as necessary.
Rate of Pay: $24.702/hour to $30.878/hour
Hours of Work: 37.5 hours per week
Duration of Contract: March 2, 2015 to April 8, 2016
- Human Resources Management Diploma or Certified Compensation Professional (CCP) designation required
- Undergraduate University Degree in Business Administration or related program preferred
- Certified Human Resource Professional (CHRP) preferred
- 2 years of previous related job experience
- Previous compensation and/or payroll experience with computerized Compensation systems is required (PeopleSoft, HRIS, WorkBrain time entry systems and knowledge of MediSolution payroll preferred)
- Demonstrated intermediate level computer skills including Microsoft Word, Excel, MediSolution, Groupwise
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate effectively with all levels of staff with a customer service orientation and to function harmoniously within a team environment
- Proven mathematical aptitude and accuracy to perform basic calculations
- Demonstrated ability to work in a busy environment and to handle multiple priorities without compromising a superior level of attention to detail
- Ability to critically think through complex issues, demonstrating good judgement in problem solving,
- Proficient presentation skills
- Excellent organization and active listening skills
- Demonstrated emotional intelligence with an awareness of self and others
- Ability to interpret and apply provisions of collective agreements and non union policy
- Demonstrated ability to follow detailed procedures accurately and consistently
- Demonstrated knowledge of and commitment to the principles of patient and family centred care
- Demonstrated knowledge of and commitment to patient and staff safety at LHSC
- Demonstrated ability to attend work on a regular basis
We foster a culture of patient and staff safety whereby all employees are guided by LHSC’s Mission, Vision, Values and Code of Conduct.
London Health Sciences Centre is committed to providing a safe, healthy and inclusive work environment that inspires respect. LHSC encourages applications from persons with disabilities and we are committed to providing accommodations upon request.
Your interest in this opportunity is appreciated. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. Successful candidates, as a condition of job offer, would be required to provide a satisfactory vulnerable sector police check (original document) completed in the last 4 months.
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: London, ON, CA
Posted on: 2015-01-24