OverviewLockheed Martin Corporation Windows System Administrator Full Time in Halifax, NS
Lockheed Martin Corporation
Branch Halifax NS CA
Windows System Administrator
Windows System administration expertise. Administration of network backup systems. Familiar with Linux operating system administration….
Lockheed Martin is Canada’s most successful Combat System Integrator specializing in large sophisticated integration projects. We take advantage of advanced engineering practices and modern technologies to design, develop and integrate combat systems. We are seeking employees with exceptional technical skills to become part of our success story. As a member of our team, the successful candidate contributes to our key projects as follows:
• Works within a team supporting a classified software development, training and Integration & Test infrastructure
• Works closely with the Senior Linux System Administrator, the network administration team and project staff to implement and maintain the network environment for a large scale naval development project
• Supports customer deliverables to sites on both coasts.
Specific Job Description
As a Windows System Administrator, the primary duties that you will perform include:
• Maintenance of Windows servers within the classified Integrated Product Development Environment (IPDE) network
• Installation, configuration, and testing of various Windows applications including MS Office, DOORS, Rhapsody, and ClearCase
• Maintenance of VMWare Windows clients including user account management, deployment of patches and hot fixes, and re-deployment of updated VMWare images
• Administration of network backup systems
• Maintenance of supporting documentation for the IPDE and MPT networks including but not limited to installation plans, configuration specifications, systems administration plans, user manuals and test documentation
• Provision of desktop support including Windows related user support.
• Installation and configuration of hardware and operating system environment of the Maintenance Procedures Trainer (MPT) as well as provision of ongoing maintenance and support to this network
Additional duties that you will be asked to perform include:
• Assisting with Linux administration
• Assisting with the system administration of the Technology Collaboration Centre which primarily is a Linux environment.
• Deploying and cabling PCs, servers and other IT equipment
• Working with a team of system engineers, software developers, test engineers and customer representatives to support software development efforts, integration and test efforts, and tactical trainer solutions
• Inventory control of hardware assets and software licenses
• Supporting classified processing including understanding requirements, supporting authentication solutions, logging and auditing security relevant events
• Assisting other team members as required with all aspects of ongoing system administration duties.
Basic Qualifications & Desired Skills
Diploma from an accredited college/CEGEP in an IT related discipline with 3+ years of relevant professional experience.
• Windows System administration expertise
• Knowledge of Client Server Applications and computer networks
• Good communications skills; ability to work independently or in a team environment
• Basic knowledge of Linux with desire to expand knowledge base
• Experience working in a classified environment
• Knowledge of SQL database maintenance
• Familiar with Linux operating system administration
• Familiar with project management concepts
• Familiar with hardware configuration management concepts
• Familiar with fiber optic network environments
• Familiar with OpenLDAP
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Halifax, NS, CA
Posted on: 2015-07-30