Employment Type: Full Time
Posted on: 2016-09-08
Lockheed Martin Corporation Technical Staff – Test/Training Full Time in Halifax, NS
Lockheed Martin Corporation
Branch Halifax NS CA
Technical Staff – Test/Training
We leverage advanced engineering practices and modern technologies to design, develop and integrate combat systems….
Lockheed Martin (LM) Canada is Canada’s most successful Combat System Integrator specializing in large sophisticated integration projects. We leverage advanced engineering practices and modern technologies to design, develop and integrate combat systems. We are seeking employees with exceptional technical skills to become part of our success story. As a member of our team, the successful candidate contributes to our key projects as follows:
- Work independently within a Department of National Defense (DND) Naval Operations School providing system and operational support for the use of simulators (trainers) called the Synthetic Environment Advanced Combat Operator Trainer (SEACOT) and the Synthetic Environment Advanced Warfare Operations and Leadership Facility (SEAWOLF).
- Support instructors by determining how to incorporate SEACOT/SEAWOLF into lesson plans and how to configure the trainers to support training. This includes providing training to new instructors on the operation of the SEACOT and its various simulation modules. As a facilitator, you will liaise between DND and LM Canada staff to report defects and areas for enhancement. The LM Canada staff with which you will liaise consists of Halifax-based software developers and support services.
- Design, develop and implement testing methods and equipment. Plan and arrange the labour, schedules and equipment required for testing and evaluating standard and special devices. Provide test area with parameters for sample testing and specify tests to be performed. Compile data and define changes required in testing equipment, testing procedures, manufacturing processes or new testing requirements.
- Provide multi-level technical support for the integration of equipment configurations (e.g., interface/software support group, test operations personnel and engineering design support group, etc.). Specific Job Description Facilitator responsibilities:
- Configure the SEACOT/SEAWOLF for daily training
- Support the navy by providing instructors with lesson plan integration support
- Provide training to new instructors and refresher training to existing instructors on the use of the SEACOT/SEAWOLF and its simulation modules
- Log SEACOT/SEAWOLF simulation defects and areas for enhancement; provide reports and track the status of the suggested changes
- Recommend technology insertions that will make the SEACOT/SEAWOLF classrooms effective for their intended purpose
- Liaise with LM Canada’s on-site Configuration Management (CM) and Data Management (DM) as required
- Conduct tours and provide demonstrations of the SEACOT/SEAWOLF as tasked by DND
- Identify (with the aid of instructors) and report discrepancies between application contents and operational systems functionality
Integrated Test & Evaluation (IT&E) responsibilities entail performing various levels of system integration including integration, functionality and system tests. These activities include:
- Developing test procedures that will verify the integration and functionality of the SEACOT/SEAWOLF tests
- Performing build check and regression testing on newly installed builds
- Performing equipment (hardware) installation, de-installation and modification support
- Performing fault isolation of subsystem faults that impact the integration and testing of assigned systems
- Working with minimum supervision and following common company processes. Basic Qualifications & Desired Skills Qualifications:
- 3-5 years experience
- Diploma from a recognized school or military/civilian technical training with five years of professional experience
- Recent experience or demonstrated capacity to instruct in a classroom environment
- Detailed knowledge of trainers and CMS 330
- Solid working knowledge of Microsoft Office, including Project
- Training and experience with course scheduling, authoring training materials, training conduct and trainers is a must
- Strong analytical and communication skills