OverviewLockheed Martin Corporation Senior Member Technical Staff – Software Full Time in Halifax, NS
Lockheed Martin Corporation
Branch Halifax NS CA
Senior Member Technical Staff – Software
Software Development includes both new development and maintenance of existing software. Knowledge of Agile software development process….
Software Development includes both new development and maintenance of existing software.
- Requirements Analysis
- Detailed design
- Software development in both C++ and Java
- Unit testing and documentation
- Integration and deployment
- Problem solving
- Working in an Agile team environment.
Lockheed Martin Canada, headquartered in Ottawa, is the Canadian-based arm of Lockheed Martin Corporation, a global security and aerospace company employing 98,000 people worldwide, including nearly 1,000 Canadians. By applying innovative approaches of our highly skilled and experienced Canadian workforce, we have been Canada’s trusted defence and aerospace partner for over 75 years. We operate major facilities in Ottawa, Montreal, Halifax, Calgary and Victoria and work on a wide range of major programs from advanced naval technology products and unmanned systems software to providing delivery and in-service support of the latest military aircraft to commercial engine repair and overhaul capabilities.
Clearance required for role
Required skills, qualifications and experience
- Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or equivalent
- Minimum 8 years professional work experience with Java development
- 5 years of Technical Lead or Leadership experience of related technical field required.
Desired skills, qualifications and experience
- Knowledge of object-oriented design principles and design patterns
- Knowledge of Agile software development process
- Experience with development tools such as Eclipse, IntelliJ, JUnit, Spring, Subversion (SVN)
- Knowledge of the software development lifecycle
- Well organized, capable of planning, scheduling and prioritizing work
- Aptitude for solving challenging problems in a team environment.
Fluency in Spanish will be considered an asset.
All successful applicants must meet requirements for Canadian Controlled Goods Program (CGP), Canadian Government Security Clearance and U.S. International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR)
Equal Opportunity Statement
Lockheed Martin Canada is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity in the workplace. We are committed to excellence in serving all customers, including people with disabilities, and we encourage feedback on the provision of these services.
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Halifax, NS, CA
Posted on: 2018-01-10