OverviewLoblaw Project Manager, Energy (BC) – 12 month contract Temporary in Vancouver, BC
Branch Vancouver BC CA
Project Manager, Energy (BC) – 12 month contract
Demonstrated success in project delivery and execution of project management methods. Not involved at project level)….
Reporting to the Senior Engineering Manager, the Energy Manager is responsible for managing the relationship between Loblaw Companies, local utilities, contractors, and consultants to ensure energy conservation projects and incentive applications are completed according to Loblaw standards.
• Monitoring – Review energy consumption and building electrical loads on regular intervals to ensure energy saving activities are maintained. If issues arise, develop strategies to solve them that promote a long term commitment to energy conservation.
• Primary Assessment – Review existing energy study reports and perform a high-level assessment, including a walk through audit of each major process area of each site, to identify energy saving opportunities and to identify which systems will require more detailed evaluations.
• Energy Saving Opportunities & Action Plan – Identify, assess, prioritize and recommend to senior management energy-saving opportunity projects including both capital improvement projects and operational and maintenance changes. This will include the preparation of business cases to justify capital expenditures and the completion of applications to LDC CDM initiatives and to other agencies to maximize funding available for energy-saving projects.
• Project Implementation & Electrical Energy Savings – Coordinate the implementation of energy-saving projects, including the planning, budgeting, and scheduling for the design, installation, commissioning, and verification of energy efficiency projects.
• Incentive Application – Gather and organize information, submit energy conservation applications to required utilities, and effectively track and manage application process.
• Measurement & Verification Strategy – Develop a strategy for the Measurement & Verification of energy-saving projects at a corporate level (i.e. not involved at project level).
• Energy Management Behaviour and Business Process Improvements – Work to create and foster a sustainable energy management culture at Loblaw facilities and provide an avenue for employees to recognize and report issues and ideas regarding energy conservation and efficiency.
• Employee Awareness Program – Develop an employee training and awareness program to promote energy conservation and communicate the energy efficiency initiatives undertaken.
• Assistance to LDC Projects – Coordinate and assist with site inspections by authorities having jurisdiction from time to time of the various measures implemented. Collect relevant information regarding additional electrical energy use (equipment purchases, schedule changes, occupancy changes or construction).
• Store Development – Work with engineers and designers during planning stages of new stores and/or renovations to create a framework for creating more energy efficient lighting, HVAC, refrigeration, and control systems
• Training – Train staff at store level to promote participation in energy conservation and provide a basis for understanding how systems work together to conserve energy and reduce demand.
• Bachelor’s degree in related field required; P.Eng designation and PMP completed or in process strongly preferred.
• CEM and CMVP qualifications preferred.
• Minimum of 3-4 years of related experience in energy management and/or project management.
• Strong knowledge of refrigeration, HVAC, lighting, and control systems.
• Ability to effectively coordinate and handle, under pressure, multiple projects with a high degree of independence and professional judgment to meet or beat project deadline.
• Demonstrated ability to read and interpret all design, development, and construction documents, specifications, and bids, and recommend necessary changes or additions
• Ability to read and interpret specifications and drawings
• Demonstrated success in project delivery and execution of project management methods.
• Excellent relationship building and team building skills.
• Superior analytical skills with the ability to provide accurate forecasts and business insights.
• Effective communicator with demonstrated written and verbal skills ie. report writing, presentations and meeting facilitation.
• Capable of setting clear and deliverable goals for themselves and the team.
• Works well in a team environment and has a positive outlook and attitude.
• Good time management and organizational skills.
• Proactive individual, able to effectively manage various projects simultaneously.
• A demonstrated ability to effectively interact with people at various levels of an organization.
• Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite (Word, Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint), estimating, and scheduling software (Microsoft Project).
• Extensive travel is required.
• Passion for green buildings and the environment.
Employment Type: Temporary
Location: Vancouver, BC, CA
Posted on: 2015-04-11