OverviewLoblaw Assistant Supply Chain Manager – Fresh Full Time in Brampton, ON
Branch Brampton ON CA
Assistant Supply Chain Manager – Fresh
Must be able to deal effectively with all levels of management. Coordinate strategies with distribution, retail, category management, transport and the vendor…
This position supports the Supply Chain Manager and is responsible for managing the inventory replenishment process, ensuring that the retail divisions are adequately serviced for regular, promotional and seasonal demand requirements, inventory levels are controlled considering cycle time objectives and network capacity constraints and current and/or new process are developed, implemented and executed in the most effective manner.
- Provide the highest level of service level to all retail customers
- Coach, train and develop Supply Chain Analysts and provide feedback to the Supply Chain Manager regarding coaching and training progress of colleagues.
- Ensure strategies and processes within the supply chain are executed supporting service level performance.
- Coordinate strategies with distribution, retail, category management, transport and the vendor community.
- Ensure operational and capacity constraints are not compromised and that stale date objectives are met.
- Ensure strategies pertaining to seasonal demand fluctuations are executed by colleagues.
- Identify, recommend and implement continuous process improvement opportunities within the inventory replenishment process, as well as with procurement, retail, distribution, transportation and suppliers to improve the overall effectiveness of the supply chain impacting service level, inventory, stale date, inbound profitability and DC cost per case.
- Support the development and implementation of special projects/initiatives identified by the business and/or Supply Chain management team designed to improve the overall Supply Chain and its performance.
- Ad hoc projects as required Job Qualifications Qualifications:
- Post-Secondary education in Industrial Engineering/Logistics/Business or related discipline
- 3 years relevant experience preferably in a leadership capacity and within a Supply Chain environment
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of the Retail business environment.
- Must have the ability to understand the impact decisions may have on all facets of the supply chain
- Demonstrate leadership abilities and have superior communication, interpersonal, team-building, analytical and facilitation skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Be able to handle multiple tasks and be able to prioritize effectively
- Must be able to deal effectively with all levels of management
- Must be able to work independently as well as in a team environment
- Technically strong; strong working knowledge of JDA/IPFR.
- Must have strong Microsoft Office skills
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Brampton, ON, CA
Posted on: 2015-05-23