OverviewLMC Diabetes & Endocrinology Medical Assistant Full Time in Montréal, QC
LMC Diabetes & Endocrinology
Branch Montréal QC CA
Identify patients for possible participation in a Research Study. Canada’s largest Clinical Research network specializing in Diabetes innovations….
We are 9 Centres of Excellence in Diabetes & Endocrinology, in 3 provinces (Ontario, Alberta and Quebec).
LMC is proud to have earned 2014 and 2015’s Great Places to Work in Canada award.
Currently, our rapidly expanding team is looking for a Medical Assistant who can work for us on a full-time permanent basis, supporting an exciting and new LMC site in Montreal projected to open in March 2017.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Coordinate the flow of patients in the examination and treatment areas to ensure efficient use of the facility and the Physician’s schedule
- Ensure proper documentation (i.e. patient information and forms are accurate in patient chart) and when necessary liaising with medical laboratories and/or Physician offices for appropriate patient documentation
- Prepare patient for physician evaluation, including but not limited to, measuring vital signs, such as pulse rate, temperature, blood pressure, height, weight, and BMI and record information on patient’s chart appropriately
- Conduct ECGs (electrocardiograms) as per Physician’s direction
- Identify patients for possible participation in a Research Study
- Take patient medical and social history
- Review medication list and present to Physician
- Coordinate follow-up appointments and assist with arranging complex appointments
- Prepare examination rooms with necessary medical supplies. Reorder as required
- Maintain inventory of medications and follow all procedures regarding outdated medications (site specific)
- Maintain current CPR certification
- Sound knowledge of medical terminology
Requirements preferred, but not limited to:
- Post Secondary Education in a Medical Laboratory Assistant/Technician program
- Proficiency in measuring various vital signs such as ECGs, BMI and blood pressure
- Previous Personal Support Worker or Medical Laboratory experience is considered an asset
- Ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment
- Excellent customer service skills
- Superior time management skills
- Excellent attention to detail is required
- Good communication skills (both verbal and written)
- Excellent computer skills (MS Word, Excel, Outlook and AbelMed)
- Experience in an EMR environment preferred
Must be fully billingual – English and French proficiency in written and oral communications
We’re looking for dynamic people who embrace learning and growth opportunities; people with vision.
LMC provides four industry-leading programs:
Specialist healthcare (publicly-funded) – representing the largest non-academic group of Endocrinologists globally
Nationally-accredited Diabetes Education Program
Canada’s largest Clinical Research network specializing in Diabetes innovations
A network of diabetes focused pharmacies
Why LMC might be right for you!
2016 Certified Best Workplace™
2014 and 2015 Canada’s Best Workplaces™
Fantastic culture based on learning and growth
Competitive community based salary
Comprehensive Health Benefits & Pension matching
Financial support and time off for career training and development·
Christmas to New Year’s off; Summer Long Weekends
State of the art Electronic Medical Records (EMR) environment
LMC is committed to meet the accessibility needs of persons with disabilities in a timely manner. These accommodations will be available upon request.
We thank all candidates, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Montreal, QC, CA
Posted on: 2017-02-10