Employment Type: Full Time
Posted on: 2018-07-27
LJ Welding Automation Customs Compliance & Logistics Specialist Full Time in Edmonton, AB
LJ Welding Automation
Branch Edmonton AB CA
Customs Compliance & Logistics Specialist
International supply chain logistics:. 4-6 years’ experience in import/export compliance, global operations and international supply chain logistics at a…
LJ Welding Automation specializes in manufacturing pipe and vessel handling equipment.
We are a customer focussed, quality driven, environmentally responsible company, that provides reliable equipment, experienced staff and customized solutions to get the job done right.
We require a self-motivated front-end person with exceptional communication skills, working knowledge of MS Office, and multi-tasker extraordinaire.
Qualifications and Required Experience
- Proven professional, interpersonal, customer service and time management skills
- Member of Canadian International Freight Forwarders Association (CIFFA) candidates preferred.
- 5+ years of international transportation, customs regulations, international logistics and shipping experience.
- Bachelor’s Degree in International Business or related field or equivalent business experience & CCS (Certified Customs Specialist) designation
- 4-6 years’ experience in import/export compliance, global operations and international supply chain logistics at a company with revenues of >30 million
- Preference given for a candidate with experience shipping to and importing in North America and Europe.
- Excellent English communications skills, both written and verbal
- Self-motivated person who enjoys challenges and working in a fast-paced environment
Description of Duties
Responsibilities will include but will not be limited to:
- Manage LJ’s trade compliance program, including developing and implementing a custom compliance manual.
- Manage Canadian import and export compliance program and understand impact to the business.
- Provide subject matter expertise to teams exploring new international opportunities and projects.
- Monitor and review export/import regulations on a regular basis to make sure LJ is compliant within the global market space.
- Make and record determination of Harmonized Tariff Schedule classifications and Export Control Classification Numbers.
- Administer the system controls necessary for import and export licensing requirements.
- Collaborate with business partners to understand the impact of export controls and compliance.
- Develop, implement, and perform export audits of the business as needed.
- Manage compliance record keeping program.
- Evaluate opportunities to leverage trade agreements and other duty reduction programs.
- Manage and develop a team.
- Act as the primary point of contact for all compliance related inquiries.
- Set up and ship sales/rentals
- Invoice sales
- Customs documentation
- All shipments to customers, Domestic and USA
- Payables review for freight
- International shipping
- Shipping raw materials
- Maintain NAFTA docs
Job Type: Full-time
- international supply chain logistics: 4 years
- customs regulations, international logistics and shipping: 5 years
- import/export compliance, global operations: 4 years
- shipping to and importing in North America and Europe: 1 year
- import and export compliance program: 5 years
- international transportation: 5 years
- (Certified Customs Specialist) designation