OverviewLinamar Corp Manager, Supplier QA Full Time in Guelph, ON
Branch Guelph ON CA
Manager, Supplier QA
Preparing management reports based on customer expectations (KPI’s). Report supplier performance and quality to management and provide quality and technical…
Leads Global Supplier Quality team – consult with Engineering and Purchasing, act as technical liaison between Suppliers, Manufacturing, Engineering and Purchasing. The Supplier Quality Manager is responsible for coordinating suppliers and verifying quality standards in accordance with the requirements to meet and exceed Skyjacks expectations. Active strategic execution of Skyjack’s supply base, acting as a liaison for suppliers by suggesting quality and process improvements, through collaboration in a team environment. Cost reduction opportunities and waste elimination are of a special interest. Lead the Skyjack Supplier Quality team and Suppliers to drive a “Zero Defect” mentality and discover gaps in process, support implementation of root cause analysis through corrective actions. Drive increased quality reliability and build a team to utilize skills to do high level problem solving, maintain adequate records, conduct capability assessments that verify and validate the supply base. Provide input on selection of critical sources of supply. Exercise technical direction, Quality guidance and mentoring of the Supplier Quality team.
- College/University degree with a Major in Engineering (Electrical or Mechanical preferred) or other technical major.
- Expertise as a Supplier Quality Engineer or minimum of ten years experience in Manufacturing, Quality or Engineering, including experience in implementing quality processes and managing technical personnel.
- Experience as a Manager (Preferred) or other leadership experience leading and developing a team with a minimum of 5 years’ experience in Supplier Quality
- ASQ affiliation and certifications would be considered an asset (CMQ/QE)
- Technical – Blueprint, Geometric design and tolerancing, manufacturing processes, procedures and equipment, corporate and industry standards, measurement system analysis, APQP
- Communication – High level of interpersonal skills to effectively lead, motivate, and facilitate others in group situations and instruct others in new techniques
- Analytical – Probability and statistics, design of experiments, high level of analytical ability to assess and identify appropriate alternative courses of action for definition and resolution of problems that are somewhat unique and diverse. Ability to exercise independent judgment is required
- Problem Solving – Diversified knowledge of quality engineering principles and practices to develop and/or coordinate solutions to complex problems, Corrective and Preventative action
- Extensive travel is required. Sound computer skills and ability to work remotely without Supervision. Significant time will be spent in Supplier manufacturing centers, where attention to safety requirements will be required at all times.
- Advanced quality planning, evaluate and approve suppliers, improve quality performance of suppliers, establish supplier performance metrics lead supplier development activities, and provide supplier quality process training. Report supplier performance and quality to management and provide quality and technical solutions
- Oversee projects from start to finish, be hands on and proactive in finding quality issues.
- Excellent problem solving skills including experience preparing problem solving 8D’s and corrective action
- Assist in the development and implementation of supplier programs
- Recommend and implement cost effective corrective actions
- Maintain successful relationships and excellent communication with Suppliers, Engineering, Manufacturing, and Purchasing
- Supporting and coordinating Supplier APQP and the PPAP process to support flawless launches
- Preparing management reports based on customer expectations (KPI’s)
- Ensuring proper containment and work instruction approval at the Supply Chain to protect Manufacturing
- Conduct supplier audits to drive process standardization, waste elimination and continuous improvement
- Maintain and update critical supplier audit system and schedule
- Work to solve supplier technical issues in a timely manner to ensure the continuity of supply
- Lean and Six Sigma mindset
- Must be able to demonstrate ability and willingness to own quality performance metrics and drive the world class quality culture
Linamar is committed to promoting accessible recruitment as outlined in the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. Linamar will attempt to accommodate persons with a disability in an appropriate and effective manner throughout all stages of the recruitment process. Accommodations will be provided upon request.
Current Shift Days
Employment Type Full Time Salary
Percentage of Travel Required 26-50%
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Guelph, ON, CA
Posted on: 2017-01-24