OverviewLinamar Corp Level 1 – Maintenance Labourer (Cemtol) Contract in Guelph, ON
Branch Guelph ON CA
Level 1 – Maintenance Labourer (Cemtol)
Maintain continuous learning by reading manuals and bulletins to stay up-to-date with new developments. Employment Type Contract Hourly….
Level 1 – Maintenance Labourer
• A High School diploma or equivalent.
• A minimum of one year experience in manufacturing.
• Possess some knowledge on how to measure various physical properties using common measuring tools such as rulers, tapes, thermometers and scales.
• Ability to evaluate condition of parts and equipment. Evaluate the safety of work environments.
• Possess good communication skills to inform supervisors about work progress and seek guidance and approvals from them.
• Ability to perform tasks independently under direct supervision. Also form teams with co-workers when necessary to install and overhaul larger pieces of equipment and complete industrial systems.
• Use computer-assisted design, manufacturing and machining, such as AutoCAD to make small adjustments to scale drawings to reflect modifications to tools and equipment components.
• Maintain continuous learning by reading manuals and bulletins to stay up-to-date with new developments. Attend training workshops on new equipment and safety procedures as required.
• Maintain systems to track, report, document and assist with scheduled preventative maintenance.
• Record coolant refractometer readings, top up machine oils, and record usage.
• Manage oil and coolant inventories.
• Housekeeping of storage area for fluids.
• Operate forklift and floor scrubber.
• Maintain equipment in a safe and clean manner.
• Ability to use CMMS (computerized maintenance and manufacturing system).
• Ensure compliance of maintenance instruction sheets and procedures.
• Attend maintenance daily meeting.
• Observe warning signs. For example, scan phrases and icons on caution and warning signs to identify hazards in work areas.
Linamar is committed to promoting accessible recruitment as outlined in the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. Linamar will attempt to accommodate persons with a disability in an appropriate and effective manner throughout all stages of the recruitment process. Accommodations will be provided upon request.
Percentage of Travel Required
Employment Type: Freelance
Location: Guelph, ON, CA
Posted on: 2016-12-06