OverviewLightspeed Product Manager – Restaurant (North America) Full Time in Montréal, QC
Branch Montréal QC CA
Product Manager – Restaurant (North America)
Experience in the Hospitality business. A passion for technology and hospitality; Reporting to the Director of hospitality Product, this key role is responsible…
Lightspeed is currently seeking a Product Manager to join our HQ-based Hospitality team in Montreal. Reporting to the Director of hospitality Product, this key role is responsible for strengthening Lightspeed’s product vision and position as an industry leader in the North American hospitality point-of-sale market. The ideal candidate will be responsible for understanding market costumer needs, translating them into clear, actionable direction, and working hand in hand with development as the voice of the costumer. You will be a strong costumer advocate, and have the technical chops to deliver compelling product vision, melding business acumen with go to market strategies.
We’re looking for a high-energy executor with a natural sense of curiosity and a unique blend of business and technical savvy. We want a team player with big-picture vision and the drive (and guts) to make that vision a reality.
Now we get to brag about us: Lightspeed is a fast growing company backed by Accel Partners. We are the leader in our market, powering over 25,000 costumers. Lightspeed is headquartered in Montreal with offices in New York (NY), Santa Cruz (CA), Ottawa (ON), Olympia (WA), Ghent (Belgium) and London (England). Our culture is focused on enabling people to do their best work. Come work with us and find out what you can do!
- Collaborate with the entire Product Management team, including User Experience, Visual Design, and other Product Managers, to understand and communicate product direction and business requirements;
- Create and manage a detailed backlog of user stories and participate in Agile sprint planning;
- Continuously prioritize incoming market and costumer requests to plan the product releases most valuable to the market;
- Drive innovation across internal and external groups to take the Restaurant experience to the next level;
- Be a key member of the Agile development process, including roadmap and release planning, launching the product, and product expertise;
- Communicate with both technical and non-technical team members as a subject matter expert;
- Perform consumer needs analysis, market sizing and segmentation, and competitive analysis to help us identify the features that will address key consumer opportunities;
- Work directly with our Development team throughout the creative, build, and testing phases to ensure high quality, on time releases that balance both customer and business needs;
- Plan the launch of new products and releases and manage cross-functional implementation of the plan;
- Handle other duties and responsibilities as defined by Management.
- 5+ years of experience in a Product Manager role in the software industry, preferably within a start-up environment
- 5+ years of experience within an Agile/Scrum environment
- Crazy organizational and planning skills
- Vision, drive, and passion for making incredible products and a high tolerance for making bold decisions
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate effectively and influence team members at all levels and across business functions
- Strong visual design and user experience sensibilities
- Perfect written and spoken English
- High tolerance for fun, fast-paced working environments filled with smart and crazy people
- Computer Science or Engineering degree;
- Experience with Mac OS X and iOS;
- A passion for technology and hospitality;
- Experience in the Hospitality business.
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Montreal, QC, CA
Posted on: 2015-08-01