OverviewLibrary Technician in Newmarket, ON
Branch Newmarket ON CA
is an equal opportunity employer committed to an inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection process and as we grow, it’s important that our workforce…
Draw on your passion. Shape our community.
York Region is one of Canada’s fastest growing municipalities and as part of our diverse and highly engaged team, you’ll have the opportunity to work on innovative projects that foster economic vitality, further a sustainable environment, enhance our public services and promote a healthy community. York Region is an equal opportunity employer committed to an inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection process and as we grow, it’s important that our workforce reflect the citizens we serve. At the Region, we respect, encourage, and celebrate our diversity. If contacted for an employment opportunity, please advise if you require accommodation.
Reporting to the Supervisor, CQI and Policy and Planning Support, and under the guidance and direction of the Librarian/Resource Centre Coordinator, is responsible for providing support for library services in the provision of evidence based research to all public health staff, including current awareness services, cataloguing functions, performing literature searches and development and maintenance of online library services.
• Successful completion of a Community College Library Technician diploma or approved equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Minimum one (1) year experience in a library setting.
• Thorough knowledge and understanding of automated library information systems and electronic information resources.
• Solid understanding of cataloguing principles.
• Familiarity with InMagic, DBTextworks & Web Publisher Pro and Docline Interlibrary Loan system.
• Knowledge of and demonstrated ability in corporate core competencies including customer service, communication, team work, initiative/self management, accountability, flexibility and adaptability.
• Demonstrated skills to use online searching databases and web resources such as PubMed, EBSCO and Ovid platforms.
• Advanced cataloguing and classification skills and ability to adapt existing schemes to unique public health needs.
• Computer literacy utilizing MS Office software applications and proficiency in word processing, spreadsheet, scheduling and presentation applications.
• Ability to travel to off site locations in a timely and efficient manner, as required.
• Ability to work outside regular business hours, as required.
As Required and Varied
How to Apply
Please apply on-line at www.york.ca by September 22, 2014, quoting competition #16449. We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. For additional information on York Region, please visit the above-mentioned website.
$28.07 – $30.52 per hour
Employment Type: Part Time
Location: Newmarket, ON, CA
Posted on: 2014-09-13