Employment Type: Freelance
Posted on: 2017-02-11
Levert Group Chemical/High Pressure Cleaner Contract in Calgary, AB
Branch Calgary AB CA
Chemical/High Pressure Cleaner
Completes service log, service receipts and other paperwork associated with the work performed. Also, wears additional protective equipment specified by the…
Levert Personnel Resources (Eastern) Inc., a division of Levert Group, is seeking Chemical/High Pressure Cleaners for a contract position.
The Chemical Cleaning Operators will operate and maintain a variety of chemical cleaning equipment and various specialty tools. Will report directly to our Site Supervisor and indirectly to the Division Manager.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for operating and maintaining all equipment associated with Chemical cleaning
- Responsible for setting up and supervising his/her product line jobs.
- Promotes the company’s business by conducting work assignments in a professional and safe manner.
- Communicates the status of the assigned job to division management and customer representatives (before, during and after the job is completed).
- Recommends changes and improvements to services and product lines based on job experiences and observations.
- Inspects company vehicles, equipment and tools before leaving the yard and after returning to the yard, reporting any deficiencies.
- Assists in performing field maintenance on company vehicles, equipment and tools, on a daily basis
- Assists Technician(s) in the performance of their duties and responsibilities
- Responsible for hookup and breakdown of equipment using proper tools and procedure.
- Reads work orders for assigned job and designates proper hoses, chemicals and other equipment required for assigned job. If unsure, seek advice of Account Supervisor and/or Service line Supervisor.
- Inspects equipment, hoses, connection, pumps and general work area prior to starting job. Corrects deficiencies which may cause accidents, injuries, lost productivity or which are consistent with the work order or customer’s requirements.
- Completes service log, service receipts and other paperwork associated with the work performed. Returns completed paperwork to designated supervisory personnel.
- Wears the personal protective equipment prescribed by posted signs, established operating procedures, written instructions, work permits. Also, wears additional protective equipment specified by the customer’s Safety Department. Enforces use of required safety equipment by technicians and subcontractors.
- Cleans up work area and equipment after work is complete. Assists in maintaining a safe, clean work place, change room, locker area and customer’s plant.
- Ensures equipment is properly decontaminated at end of job.
- Responsible for safety under his/her authority. Reports all accidents, near misses and/or injuries involving self, company vehicles or persons under supervision. Promotes safety through own pro-actions and work activities
- Performs all other duties as assigned by the Supervisor or other management personnel.
- Ability to complete a pre-employment drug & alcohol test.
- Ability to understand verbal and written instructions in English.
- Basic math skills.
- Skilled and qualified in assigned product line.
- Good equipment knowledge
- Good communication skills, written and verbal.
- Perform work in enclosed (confined) space, under adverse conditions.
- Physically capable of performing all duties and responsibilities assigned
Candidate Requirements: * WHMIS * H2S Alive * Confined Space * Fall Arrest * * Firebag Orientation (Online) * Bear Awareness
Job Type: Contract
- High school or equivalent
- Chemical Cleaning: 2 years