OverviewLegal Services Society of BC Systems Administrator I Contract in Lower Mainland, BC
Legal Services Society of BC
Branch Lower Mainland BC CA
Systems Administrator I
Lower Mainland, BC
Knowledge of network administration support; F) Perform network and server data archiving; D) Perform routine maintenance on network equipment (e.g….
COMPETITION # B047-15
TERM SYSTEMS ADMINISTRATOR I
(This position is on the Modified Workweek Schedule)
PRIMARY FUNCTION: To provide front-line information technology support and problem resolution services (Help Desk) and perform a variety of information systems duties related to support of users, computer hardware and software, and network communications. To coordinate the assignment, resolution and tracking of staff requests for assistance with computer/network problems and to correct minor problems as required. To coordinate, install and maintain computer equipment in the Vancouver office and field offices.
The following job duties are illustrative examples, and shall not be construed as an exhaustive description of all the work requirements that may be inherent in the job.
JOB DUTIES AND TASKS:
1. PROVIDE COMPUTER SUPPORT TO USERS:
a) Answer calls and takes appropriate action as the premier help desk contact; provide support for computer related hardware, software applications, and basic network communications;
b) Provide timely support, analysis and resolution for software, basic network communications, and hardware related problems and requests. Refer complex problems and requests to senior technical staff or vendors;
c) Orient and train staff and contracted affiliates (e.g. Local Agents) on the effective use of computer equipment, software applications and the LSS network.
2. INSTALL, TROUBLESHOOT AND CONFIGURE COMPUTERS AND EQUIPMENT:
a) Perform installation, maintenance, upgrading, and minor repairs to computers, printers and ancillary peripheral devices;
b) Perform security administration duties such as: monitor the security of equipment and data; create and maintain user accounts; create, document add and delete user groups; assign security, directory and file rights;
c) Install and configure PCs, network based software, and additional components (e.g. printers, scanners, etc.);
d) Perform routine maintenance to ensure installed software functions correctly (e.g. printing;);
e) Apply vendor updates, patches and repairs to software.
3. PERFORM OTHER RELATED DUTIES:
a) Lift, pack and move computer equipment and/or prepare for shipping;
b) Prepare and maintain a variety of documentation and reports such as system support procedures;
c) Perform backups of LSS servers, trouble shoot problems and restore files;
d) Perform routine maintenance on network equipment (e.g. routers, switches, hubs);
e) Assist in evaluating current and emerging technologies and introduce technical solutions that address business and technical issues;
f) Perform network and server data archiving;
g) Perform other related duties as required.
- Grade 12 education supplemented by degree/diploma in Computer Science or related discipline;
- Minimum (1) year relevant experience as outlined in rated requirements;
- OR equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Knowledge of the installation configuration and maintenance of computer operating system software such as Windows Server 2012, Windows 7/8/10, MS Office 2013, Lync 2013;
- Knowledge of interaction and relationships of computer hardware and software;
- Knowledge of network administration support;
- Knowledge of new upgrades or releases relating to computer software and hardware;
- Knowledge of IT-related procurement, inventory control and asset management;
- Knowledge of diagnostics and problem solving techniques for computers and peripherals;
- Knowledge of LSS policy and procedures an asset;
- Ability to operate computers and related equipment;
- Ability to organize workload, identify urgent work items and set priorities;
- Ability to work under pressure with minimal supervision;
- Ability to work independently, take initiative and function as part of a team;
- Must be a team player;
- Must have excellent organizational skills;
- Must have excellent oral and written communication and interpersonal skills.
Job Class 13 ($47,169 – 52,849)
September 29, 2015
As soon as possible
We offer (based on your employment status and affiliation):
- A competitive salary
- Four weeks paid vacation to start that grows the longer you’re with LSS
- An excellent employee benefits package, where premiums are 100% paid by LSS
- Support for training and development
- Pension plan
- An employee and family assistance counseling program
- The opportunity to participate in various Employee programs (Employee Wellness, etc.)
- Generous leave provisions (sick time, special leaves)
- Modified work week/flex time for some positions
- 13 paid statutory holidays
Interested candidates should submit a covering letter, together with a résumé, outlining how their qualifications meet the above position requirements, to:
LEGAL SERVICES SOCIETY
Human Resources Department
Competition no: B047-15
VISIT OUR WEBSITE AT www.legalaid.bc.ca
We would like to thank all external applicants for their interest but regret that only those shortlisted will be contacted. The Legal Services Society is committed to building a skilled, diverse workforce reflective of Canadian Society. We are committed to employment equity and encourage applications from aboriginal people, visible minorities, women and persons with disabilities.
Employment Type: Freelance
Location: Surrey, BC, CA
Posted on: 2015-09-24