OverviewLearnography Proposal Writer Contract in Toronto, ON
Branch Toronto ON CA
Proposal writing experience or other related writing experience. Establish priorities and target dates for information gathering, writing, review, and approval….
Learnography delivers custom learning resources and programs for governments, associations, and private organizations. From assessing audience needs, to developing and validating learning experiences, we service every part of the learning cycle. For over 20 years we have been distilling complex topics into engaging learning experiences. Our lean and awesome team is currently poised for growth and expansion. We are seeking value-aligned and driven candidates to join us on our mission.
Freelance / Contract Position
Are you passionate about education and lifelong learning? Do you want to build a career in marketing? Are you creative, outgoing, resourceful, and responsible? If you want to learn about business development and contribute to the ongoing evolution of our organization, we want to work with you.
The candidate will bring the following qualifications to this position:
- Exceptional reading comprehension skills
- Strong ability to communicate (written and oral) persuasively and articulately
- Strong organizational, analytical, and problem-solving skills
- Excellent research, proofreading and fact-checking skills
- Project and time management skills
- Ability to learn new processes, software and skills
- Highly detail oriented even with lengthy and complex documents
- Proposal writing experience or other related writing experience
- Ability to work in a team and independently
- Proficiency in PowerPoint, as well as Google and Adobe suites
- Graphic design skills are an asset but not necessary
- Knowledge of the education market is an asset but not necessary
The Proposal Writer will work with our Solutions team, a dynamic and diverse group serving all business development and marketing activities for Learnography. Every team members has the opportunity to contribute to many different projects and initiatives. Key responsibilities of the Proposal Writer may include:
- Search procurement sites and identify RFPs which align with Learnography service offerings.
- Determine proposal concepts by identifying and clarifying opportunities and needs, studying RFPs, and attending strategy meetings.
- Establish priorities and target dates for information gathering, writing, review, and approval.
- Coordinate requirements with contributors and communicate proposal status information.
- Assemble information including project nature, deliverables, implementation method, timeline, staffing, budget, and evaluation strategies.
- Prepare presentations for pitch meetings and interviews and coordinate printing.
- Maintain proposal support databases, templates, and automation processes.
- Follow proposal-writing standards including readability, consistency, and tone.
- Obtain approvals by coordinating reviews with key providers and project managers.
- Develop, manage, and update client, user, and donor contact databases.
- Coordinate an inventory of marketing/sales materials ready “off-the-shelf”.
- Administrative and office tasks as required.
If you are an ambitious self-starter who works well with a small team in a fast-paced environment, send us your resume. We look forward to hearing from you!
Applicants are invited to attach their creative writing sample with their submission. Please include it in the same document as your resume. Your writing sample can be in any format and should take no more than five minutes to review. It can be something you created for another purpose or specifically for this application.
We thank all applicants for their interest in this position. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Employment Type: Freelance
Location: Toronto, ON, CA
Posted on: 2018-01-11