OverviewLantrax Logistics Ltd Logistics Coordinator/Freight Broker Full Time in Surrey, BC
Lantrax Logistics Ltd
Branch Surrey BC CA
Logistics Coordinator/Freight Broker
Our award-winning third party logistics company is growing rapidly! Lantrax has an immediate opening in our Surrey office for a full time Logistics Coordinator….
Join our team! Our award-winning third party logistics company is growing rapidly! Our company has developed a winning culture and employs an motivated staff who work hard and have fun. Lantrax has an immediate opening in our Surrey office for a full time Logistics Coordinator.
We offer a competitive compensation program including company paid benefits, financial incentives, a healthy work environment and many team building activities. We value our employees as much as we value our customers and that is evident in our continuing success.
Summary of position:
The Logistics Coordinator will primarily quote on over the road LTL and Truckload freight on behalf of our client base while achieving all goals and objectives set forth by the Operations Manager and Management Team. The Logistics Coordinator reports to the Operations Manager and will liaise between the Sales Team and Operations Team.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supply competitive freight shipping quotes to new and existing clients and prospects
- Negotiate LTL and Truckload spot rates with carrier and vendors
- Generate positive relationships with all customers, prospects and carrier vendors.
- Support the sales teams’ efforts to increase our client base
- Maintain margin goals set forth by the Operations Manager
- Maintain goals for quotes and sales set forth by the Operations Manager
- Have thorough knowledge of the North American over the road trucking market including but not limited to LTL, Truckload, flatbed, dry van, temp control and intermodal.
- Advanced negotiation skills.
- Knowledge of sales techniques including but not limited to, sales cycles, prospecting, sales closing techniques and relationship management.
Qualities of the Candidate:
- Customer service driven
- Team player
- Great attitude
- Entrepreneurial spirit
- Goal Oriented
- Detail oriented
- The ideal candidate would have 2+ years’ experience in the 3rd Party Logistics, as a dispatcher for an over the road trucking company, or experience working as a freight forwarder.
- We pay a competitive salary plus commission and bonuses. Salary is based on experience. Commission is based on sales. Bonuses are based on reaching attainable goals.
- Lantrax offers company-paid extended medical benefits at no cost to the employee
About our company:
Lantrax North America Logistics was founded in 2003 by Rod Wainwright as a third party freight brokerage firm. We specialize in over-the-road truck and inter-modal freight service throughout North America. Our team of professionals has over 100 years of transportation management experience. We pride ourselves as a collaborative and forward-thinking employer and want employees to continue to build their skillset and careers through Lantrax.
Lantrax serves most industries, including:
- Manufacturers & Distributors
- Building Products
- Construction & Farm Equipment
- Pipe and Steel Fabricators
- Petroleum, Oil & Gas
- Machinery & Equipment Distributors
Note: Please reference Job Application # 024 in the subject line when applying.
Please send resume and cover letter to [email protected]
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Surrey, BC, CA
Posted on: 2017-01-24