Employment Type: Full Time
Posted on: 2017-04-01
Lake Search Group Laboratory Technician – Quality Assurance Full Time in Saskatoon, SK
Lake Search Group
Branch Saskatoon SK CA
Laboratory Technician – Quality Assurance
Our client has an immediate full-time permanent opportunity available for a Quality Assurance Supervisor in Saskatchewan….
Our client has an immediate full-time permanent opportunity available for a Quality Assurance Supervisor in Saskatchewan.
- Responsible for testing biodiesel, canola oil and running lab equipment, which includes gas chromatograph and manual titrator.
- Successfully develop and direct QA and quality improvement initiatives for all company products and services.
- Responsible for gap analysis between applicable and current ISO standards; establish and implement a quality plan to bring the company into ISO compliance.
- Effectively perform internal QA audits that are compliant with corporate policies, practices, and procedures.
- Successfully monitor QA systems and advise executive team on system performance and publish statistics regarding performance against set goals.
- Collaborate with client-facing QA representatives to ensure full customer satisfaction with the company’s products and services.
- Responsible for Establishing and maintaining a QA program for monitoring supplier quality, including audits, controls, and other qualifiers.
- Successfully conduct risk analyses, verification, validation activities, and formal design reviews, as applicable.
- Responsible for new supporting new product development and continuous improvement and by integrating quality control tools (e.g. Lean, Six Sigma, etc.) into processes.
- Promote and advocate quality achievement and performance improvement across the organization.
- Successfully ensure ongoing compliance with local, national, and international standards and legislation.
- Effectively create and maintain QA control documentation.
- University degree in Sciences. Technician certification is a minimum
- Minimum 3 years of direct work experience with QA systems, regulations, guidelines, and associated standards.
- Direct knowledge of ISO and QA methodologies.
- Must possess excellent communication skills for liaising and communicating with vendors, customers, and internal departments and conducting presentations
- Practical experience with risk management, product testing, capability studies, and control plans.
- Training and knowledge of Six Sigma techniques and Lean Manufacturing are desirable.
- Ability to develop, review, and maintain metrics and quality audits.
- Ability to create and review technical documentation, including project plans, test procedures, and design documents.
Our client offers a competitive salary and benefits package.
Job Type: Full-time