OverviewLaboratory Technologist Summer Student in Calgary, AB
Secure Energy Services
Branch Calgary AB CA
Laboratory Technologist Summer Student
procedure and related quality control techniques Solid knowledge and strict adherence to all Quality Assurance and safety procedures. Participates in building…
Grow along with us… from the start!
Imagine working for a company where your ideas are both embraced and valued. Join SECURE Energy Services as a student and receive hands-on experience with a company whose employees are at the heart of the organization.
SECURE Energy Services is a leading North American energy services company providing integrated solutions to upstream oil and natural gas companies operating in the Western Canadian Sedimentary Basin (“WCSB”) (including British Columbia, Alberta, Saskatchewan and Manitoba), and North Dakota and Colorado in the United States. With a focus on Environmental and Midstream services in underserviced and capacity constrained markets, SECURE is constantly striving to find innovative, efficient and environmentally responsible ways to help oil and gas producers
Job Title: Laboratory Technologist – Summer Student
Positions Available: 1
Job Duration: 4 months starting in May 2015
Location: Calgary, Alberta
Reports to: Laboratory Manager
The successful applicants will work directly with Secure’ research team in the New Technologies, Drilling and Completions Department. The team develops new drilling and completion fluids and technologies for use in both drilling and completion applications. As well as developing new fluids, we work directly with the sales team in recipe development tailored to specific wells that are being serviced. The main objective of this position is to gain hands on experience working in the oil and gas industry, specifically in drilling applications and fluids. With the dynamic research and development program at SECURE Energy, a highly motivated and energetic applicant will prosper. The mission at SECURE Energy Services is to exceed the expectations of the oil and gas industry by providing innovative, efficient, and environmentally responsible fluids and solids solutions.
The responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Perform analysis and complex sample preparation
- Gains full knowledge with respect to performing analytical procedure and related quality control techniques
- Solid knowledge and strict adherence to all Quality Assurance and safety procedures.
- Participates in building a strong team of analytical professionals
The successful candidate will have:
- Completion of or 2 nd year of BSc. in Chemistry or Engineering, Or Technical Diploma from a recognized post-secondary institution
- Lab experience is an asset but not required
- Working knowledge of basic lab equipment including some trouble-shooting.
- A positive can-do attitude and proven ability to take initiative.
- Solid problem solving skills, open communication, analytical mindset, attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
Posting Expires: Open until a suitable candidate has been found.
Application Instructions : Please submit a resume, cover letter and transcripts. For more information please visit our website at www.secure-energy.com . We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Employment Type: Temporary
Location: Calgary, AB, CA
Posted on: 2014-09-14