OverviewLaboratory Technologist II (Brooks Laborarory) in Brooks, AB
Alberta Health Services
Branch Brooks AB CA
Laboratory Technologist II (Brooks Laborarory)
the daily operations and quality control functions of… Learning and Performance. – Involved with staff training, quality control and quality assurance activities.
Reporting to the South Zone Rural Laboratory Manager and working under the direction of the Community Tech III, the Technologist II/Site Supervisor is responsible for the coordination of the daily operations and quality control functions of the Brooks Laboratory.
This position utilizes advanced technical expertise, effective leadership skills, as well as the supervision of site staff and workflow. The Tech II understands and adheres to AHS policies and procedures.
– Co-ordinates, prioritizes, monitors, assigns duties and appraises the work process.
– Provides technical advice, resolves technical problems and performs troubleshooting of methods or equipment.
– May validate and assess methods, procedures, and equipment as required in conjunction with the Community Support office.
– Assists with training and orientation of students and staff.
– May perform payroll and staff scheduling duties.
– Participates in staff evaluations.
– On call as per rotation.
– Excellent technical, analytical, problem solving and interpersonal skills required.
– Minimum of 5 years technical Medical Laboratory Experience is required.
– Affective team leadership and team building skills required.
– Proficient phlebotomy skills are required.
– Computer literacy and keyboarding skills required.
– Minimum of 3-5 years previous experience in a rural laboratory with transfusion medicine testing is an asset.
– Applicants must have completed training in an approved training school for Medical Laboratory Technologists and be currently registered or eligible for license with the College of Medical Laboratory Technologists of Alberta (CMLTA).
– Candidate must be well organized and flexible.
– Ability to coach, guide, and mentor staff.
– Ability to prioritize and work independently as well as in a group setting is essential.
– Must possess the ability to promote positive working relationships both within the department and with other health care providers.
– Must have good performance and attendance records.
– Demonstrates and promotes the AHS values of Respect, Accountability, Transparency, Engagement, Safety, Learning and Performance.
– Involved with staff training, quality control and quality assurance activities.
Employment Type: Temporary
Location: Brooks, AB, CA
Posted on: 2014-09-14