OverviewLaboratory Technician in La Corne, QC
Branch La Corne QC CA
La Corne, QC
degree and/or diploma) in a Science related program (Chemistry, Chemical Engineering) is a strong asset. A minimum of 1 – 3 years of experience in a laboratory…
Primary Responsibilities Thisposition will carry out geochemical testing and analysis, following writtenwork instructions under the direction of the Supervisor of a specificdepartment.
This jobdescription applies to employees working in the XRF, Party/Umpire, ICP-MS, ICP-OES,Wet-AAS, MMI, CN, LECO, Sample Reduction/Preparation, and Warehouse departments.
- Perform laboratory techniques according to written procedures. Duties may include: sample preparation, sample reduction, sample dilutions, setting up analytical batches and analysis, batch Quality Control, approving and releasing results to the data centre, disposal of samples and filing of lab results / data.
- Calibration and set up of equipment prior to analysis.
Maintain and recordequipment calibrations.
Interpret andevaluate all results.
- Carries out routine equipment maintenanceunder the direction of his/her supervisor.
- Maintains a clean working environment.
- Follow all company health, safety and environmental policies.
May be asked to work in other areas of theGeochemistry laboratory sections when required.
May be assigned and coordinate special or ad hoc projects as needed.
- A minimum of a high school diploma (or equivalent) is required.
- A post secondary education (degree and/or diploma) in a Science related program (Chemistry, Chemical Engineering) is a strong asset.
- A minimum of 1 – 3 years of experience in a laboratory setting is a strong asset.
- Previous experience using a variety of geochemical instrumentation is a strong asset.
- Good hand/eye coordination when handlingsamples & lab equipment.
- Must use good judgment to identify andresolve problems on the job. When indifficulty refer problems to his/her supervisor for resolution.
- Intermediate level of creativity required insolving routine problems.
- Must be comfortable with numerals in order tomonitor data on a computer screen.
- Must be able to read, understand and follow work instructions in a safe, accurate and timely manner.
- Able to work well under pressure during high (peak) work loads and balancing conflicting demands of high volume versus the quality of results.
- Candidates must be proficient in using various type of computer software (Word, Excel, etc.).
- Proven ability to manage and coordinate multiple projects in a fast-paced, highly professional environment.
- Demonstrates excellent verbal and written communication skills including grammar and composition.
- Ability to work well with others & independently.
- Proven time management skills and a strong attention to detail.
- Works well under pressure.
- Extended hours and shiftwork may be required from time to time.
- Travel to other SGS locations may be required from time to time.
- Ensures full compliance with the company’s Health& Safety, Code of Integrity, and Professional Conduct policies.
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: La Corne, QC, CA
Posted on: 2014-09-13