KORNFERRY Executive Assistant – Contract (Maternity Leave) Temporary in Toronto, ON
Branch Toronto ON CA
Executive Assistant – Contract (Maternity Leave)
We help companies design their organizations – the structure, roles, and responsibilities – to seize opportunities….
Korn Ferry is the preeminent global people and organizational advisory firm. We are 7,500 colleagues, sharing a single purpose: helping leaders, organizations, and societies succeed by releasing the full power and potential of people.
We help companies design their organizations – the structure, roles, and responsibilities – to seize opportunities. As importantly, we help them select and hire the talent they need to execute their strategy and show them the best way to compensate, develop and motivate their people.
Talent matters at Korn Ferry, so we have created a colleague-centric culture where everyone has an opportunity to make an impact on our business, on our clients’ businesses, and on their own careers. Some of the things that make our culture special:
- Creativity – We look to one another to generate innovative solutions, not only for our clients but also for ourselves.
- Collaboration – We work in an open environment with a borderless mentality, sharing the expertise of our team members around the world.
- Performance – We are committed to exceeding client expectations, so high performance levels are a given.
- Inclusivity – We encourage everyone to contribute to the success of the business; there is no role at Korn Ferry that is insignificant.
- Integrity – We believe that how you go about business is as important as business results.
- Agility – We work in a fast-moving, dynamic industry where change is the only constant and flexibility is key to our success.
This contract role will support three Senior Client Partners (“consultants”) with travel coordination, time management, administration, events, and related business development activities.
Consultants Time Management
- Manage the calendar of consultants, including scheduling of external and internal meetings across multiple time zones and responding to queries on availability, continually ensuring that consultants’ time is used most effectively
- Ensure that consultant is provided with necessary briefing/preparatory material prior to meetings or travel
- Enter weekly timesheets in PSA for consultants, showing utilization time allocated to each engagement
- Coordinate domestic and international travel arrangements for consultants using the firm’s external travel agency while ensuring standard travel preferences are respected, options presented when appropriate, and the firm’s travel policy is followed
- Track and reconcile travel flight passes and flight credits
- Inform other Korn Ferry offices in advance of consultant visits and reserve office or meeting room space as required
- Manage logistics of special events, projects and videoconference meetings (e.g., conferences, training sessions, client and business development meetings, workshops, dinners, luncheons, video interviews)
- Prepare monthly expense reports following company guidelines using Concur
- General understanding of Accounting and Finance cycles of a corporate, public traded company
- Compose correspondence and related documents from handwritten text or electronic forms with a high level of accuracy using appropriate grammar, composition and speed, often under tight deadlines
- Produce PowerPoint presentations, reports and documents including graphic and tabular exhibits, collate and bind presentation materials
Filing and Data Management
- Manage electronic filing systems and paper/hardcopy filing for consultants
- Data entry and maintenance using proprietary, custom contact management system for consultants
- Maintain and update consultants’ business activities in Salesforce
Phone and Correspondence
- Answer, screen, route and, as appropriate, take messages from callers directed to consultants, handling all interactions with the utmost professionalism, courtesy, and efficiency
- Sort, screen, route, and prepare incoming mail for consultant’s review, composing basic responses to standard correspondence based on standing or special instructions
- Serve as the central point of contact for administrative inquiries
Administrative Team Support
- Work with colleagues to support the broader team when appropriate; assist other administrative staff with standard administrative duties, such as proofreading of documents
- Provide overload assistance to other administrative staff in the office on an “as needed” basis, including coverage and administrative support for other consulting staff during vacations, illness, and other absences
- Inform Receptionist of expected external visitors and coordinate office or meeting room space as required
- Support consultants in the management of individual engagements by managing information flow to/from clients, prospective clients, and the consultants, and by establishing and administering basic workflow systems
- Participate as a member of office teams responsible for special projects related to improving the efficiency of administrative processes and team building
Skills & Experience
- Superb English writing and grammar skills
- Excellent PowerPoint skills; proficiency in Outlook, Word, Excel, Adobe and Internet research skills
- Significant experience managing multiple and concurrent responsibilities and establishing and acting against relative priorities, independently but within prescribed guidelines
- Minimum five years of senior administrative / executive assistant experience, working with one or more senior executives
- Familiar with time zones and planning travel itineraries
- Experience with meeting planning and event coordination
- Experience in a professional services environment an asset
- Technical Skills as an asset: Salesforce, Concur, SAP/PSA, WebEx / video conferencing, Skype
- Excellent interpersonal skills, diplomacy, tact, positive can-do attitude
- Good judgment and capable of acting independently
- High level of comfort learning and using new technology
- Ability to adapt to evolving work processes and systems, including automated tools
- Client service orientation
- Ability to push back when necessary or appropriate
- Comfortable dealing with senior leaders internally and externally
- Dedication to quality
- Good composure
- High attention to detail and accuracy
- Outstanding time management
- Professional in demeanor, behaviour, and appearance as demonstrated through consistently polite, helpful, but concise interaction on the telephone and in person
- Sense of urgency at appropriate times
- Systematic and methodical given the need to manage large amounts of information across multiple, simultaneous engagements
- Team-oriented and willing to “pitch in” as needed
- Minimum secondary high school diploma; post-secondary education an asset
- Warm, friendly, and interpersonally agile; easy to approach and talk to; relates well to all kinds of people; makes a pleasant first impression and builds solid relationships.
Demonstrating Personal Flexibility
- Open to lifelong, continuous personal improvement; aware of self and impact on others; responsive to feedback; is very flexible; can act in ways that seem contradictory and is adaptable to demand characteristics of different situations.
- Writes and presents effectively; adjusts to fit the audience and the message; strongly gets a message across.
- Is well organized, resourceful, and planful; effective and efficient at marshalling multiple resources to get things done; lays out tasks in sufficient detail to mark the trail; is able to get things done with less and in less time; can work on multiple tasks at once without losing track; foresees and plans around obstacles.
Keeping on Point
- Can quickly separate the mission-critical from the nice to dos and the trivials; quickly senses what’s the next most useful thing to work on; focuses on the critical few tasks that really add value and puts aside or delays the rest.
Managing Work Processes
- Is an effective process, work flow, and systems designer; is good at figuring out what to measure to track progress; sets up systems that can almost manage themselves; is a master at the effectiveness and efficiency of work systems; can quickly diagnose and fix a work flow problem; always looking for incremental process improvement.
- Commensurate with experience and skill
- 3 weeks of vacation
- Comprehensive benefit package