Employment Type: Full Time
Posted on: 2016-10-31
KMC Mining Operations Foreman Full Time in Fort McMurray, AB
Branch Fort McMurray AB CA
Fort McMurray, AB
Ensure the effective supervision of cycle times, ensuring shovels have optimum trucking and dumps are managed effectively….
Scope: To provide frontline operations leadership in support of a safe and reliable operation. In addition, closely monitor work conducted by operators in the field and assist in effectively utilizing the company’s fleet to its highest capacity.
- Where required, routinely lead an effective PASS meeting.
- Independently and effectively line employees up in the field with emphasis on identifying hazards and working efficiently.
- Identify production constraints and take corrective actions in a safe manner.
- Effectively communicate the Daily Plan to employees, ensuring safe work practices are identified for the job planned for the day.
- Assist supervisor with assessing employees’ skills and training needs.
- Routinely complete safe work observations.
- Monitor employees throughout the day to ensure they are completing tasks safely and competently.
- Ensure work is carried out in accordance with the survey plan.
- Routinely audit and correct the quality of work being performed in the field.
- Collaborate with both internal/external resources to solve issues.
- Ensure the effective supervision of cycle times, ensuring shovels have optimum trucking and dumps are managed effectively.
- Ensure the communication of workplace standards and expectations, ensuring an understanding by employees.
- Treat employees in a fair and respectful manner.
- Ensure strong working relationships are built.
- Ensure behavior is consistent with company values.
- Model and conduct safe work behavior.
- Identify and correct and downgrading incidents.
- Ensure training, mentoring and coaching of key operations’ personnel.
- Participate in safety investigations where required.
- High School diploma;
- Two or more years in a leadership position within the Operations Mining industry would be considered a strong asset;
- Post-Secondary education is desired or equivalent experience in the mining environment.
Competencies and skills
- Skillful in the use of computers and software including the Microsoft Suite;
- A strong attention to detail;
- Thorough knowledge of equipment, equipment performance and the mining environment;
- The ability to troubleshoot immediate problems and anticipate future concerns;
- Time Management and Prioritizing skills;
- The ability to be flexible and responsive to changing demands;
- Strong oral and written communication skills;
- Strong interpersonal and teamwork skills.
Schedule is 7 on/off, rotating between days and nights. Position will remain posted until filled.
- Mining Experience: 2+ years
Job Type: Full-time
- High school or equivalent