OverviewKleinfelder Assistant Canadian Controller Full Time in Sherwood Park, AB
Branch Sherwood Park AB CA
Assistant Canadian Controller
Sherwood Park, AB
Professional accounting designation (eg. Invoicing – including the preparation of all input documents to prepare invoices;…
Kleinfelder is seeking an Assistant Controller for our Canadian Operations. This position will sit in our Edmonton, Alberta office.
The Assistant Canadian Controller shall hold responsibility for managing the overall financial operations of multiple entities within Canada which is approximately a 150 person operation. This individual will provide accurate information to the Canadian Controller, including analysis, forecasting and preparing financial reports. The Assistant Canadian Controller will lead the company’s accounting functions, including establishing and maintaining accounting principles, practices, and procedures, preparing financial statements and reporting to top management and parent company. The Assistant Canadian Controller will also maintain the company’s accounting systems and implement changes as required by the Canadian Controller.
- Completion of an accounting degree is strongly preferred.
- Professional accounting designation (eg. CPA) or equivalent experience.
- 8 or more years of experience in a senior financial reporting role
- Experience with multiple reporting entities and analyzing multiple operations
- Industry experience within the oil and gas sector or professional services firms
- Experience with project revenue recognition and project costing
- Thorough knowledge of General Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Experience with reporting and working closely with international parent company
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills
- Experience with foreign currency transactions
- Previous experience with Deltek Vision
- Execute and co-ordinate general accounting and related activities
- Produce monthly financial statements for multiple entities within Canada while respecting deadlines established by management & ensure sound management of company assets
- Explain financial results and variances
- Coordinate and collaborate with US counterparts and team on various projects and topics
- Review and manage various company procedures and policies and developing streamlined process flows to improve the efficiency, accuracy control. Processes to review include, but are not limited to:
- Invoicing – including the preparation of all input documents to prepare invoices;
- Accounts Payable – including reviewing the approval process;
- Project costing– revenue recognition and review of project margins
- WIP –recognition of Work in Progress and unbilled revenue.
- Lead a small accounting team
- Cash flow forecasting
- Completion of labour accounting and accounting accruals
- Oversee payroll preparation
- Assist with the process of establishing & monitoring the annual budget
- Assist with the management of cash, accounts payable, billing and accounts receivable
- Ensure the accounting system properly reflects the company’s situation
- Develop & maintain project costing reporting system and internal control procedures
- Develop & maintain accurate billing processes
- Prepare the annual audit file of the company
- Tax filing (GST/HST, payroll & Corporate Taxes)
ABILITIES & SKILLS
- Ability to develop and lead a team to support the continued growth of the business
- A high level of integrity and dependability with a strong sense of urgency and results oriented
- Possess strong communication and interpersonal skills
- The ability to deal effectively with competing priorities
- Proactively supports the senior management team
- Excellent supervisory, organizational, and time management skills
- Self-starter and strong level of initiative
- Hands on leadership
- Strong systems and data extraction capabilities
- Job is performed in an office environment.
- Some occasional travel will be required.
Kleinfelder offers an excellent compensation and benefits package including medical, dental, vision, insurance, RRSP plan, and paid holidays. Kleinfelder is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Sherwood Park, AB, CA
Posted on: 2015-08-18