OverviewKitchen Craft Cabinetry Safety & Health Specialist Full Time in Winnipeg, MB
Kitchen Craft Cabinetry
Branch Winnipeg MB CA
Safety & Health Specialist
Key Activities Develop Job Hazard Analysis (JHA) and written procedures Develop program audit tools Conduct program audits and manage the improvement action…
Reporting to the Health and Safety Manager, this position will contribute to the implementation of our zero injury culture and to the continuous improvement of safety performance by assisting in the identification of hazards and the implementation of Health and Safety Legislation, MBCI Safety Programs, and site specific safety procedures.
- Develop Job Hazard Analysis (JHA) and written procedures
- Develop program audit tools
- Conduct program audits and manage the improvement action plan
- Assist in conducting PSSRs
- Assist in incident investigations
- Participate in Health and Safety Committees
- Conduct safety training and new employee orientation.
- Develop material for the promotion of a positive workplace safety culture
- Assist in ensuring the compliance with safety legislation, MBCI policies, and general safety rules.
- Coach, support and inspire others to create a safe workplace.
- Support the OHS administrative position (when away) to ensure daily and monthly stats are completed.
- Other duties as assigned
Required Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Excellent computer skills (word, excel, powerpoint)
- Excellent communication skills – written and verbal
- Ability to work unsupervised and in a team environment
- Strong organization skills
- Flexibility in hours of work – willingness to work varied shifts as required
- Experience in a woodworking facility a plus
Completion of a Health and Safety Diploma or Certificate
Flexibility in hours of work – willingness to work varied shifts as required to ensure coverage of day, afternoon, and night shift.
Imagine a short commute to a company driven by a higher purpose. Where people are as important as our products, and the quality of life fuels the quality of ideas. Our culture is built around giving everyone the opportunity to contribute both their ideas and hard work. You will have the opportunity to grow, learn, and make a difference in the company and your community, and be recognized and rewarded for it. We build employee opportunity, purpose, and reward into everything we do.
Join our family of prominent brands across North America where we take ideas, build solutions, and fulfill dreams of a comfortable, inviting home.
In order to be considered for employment, you must complete an Application for Employment in its entirety. Only applications that are fully completed shall be considered by MasterBrand Cabinets.
Opportunity. Purpose. Reward.
Options: Apply for this job online Apply
Share on your newsfeed
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Winnipeg, MB, CA
Posted on: 2017-01-24