OverviewKit and Ace Project Manager – Corporate Ops Full Time in Vancouver, BC
Kit and Ace
Branch Vancouver BC CA
Project Manager – Corporate Ops
Experience developing and maintaining project schedules based on work effort estimates using tools such as MS Project….
As the Project Manager – Corporate Ops you will be responsible for overseeing all aspects of a project’s life cycle, including initial work with stakeholders and cross-functional teams to define business requirements and scope. You may have multiple projects underway depending on their size and be dealing with various areas of the business. We want you to apply your expertise to ensure we have clearly defined projects and a plan that gives us the best chance for success. We have ambitious plans and are an organization committed to learning and development. You will be the project management expert and have a passion for sharing your expertise.
- Model the company culture, and exemplify our shared values on a day-to-day basis
- Define, model and demonstrate the behaviours that enhance engagement, build enduring relationships and represent the Kit and Ace brand at all times
- Support the development of a culture that balances financial results and an execution-focus with a fun, dynamic and creative atmosphere
- Foster an environment of continuous learning and development that embraces individuality
- Pre-project initiation activities such as conducting feasibility studies and developing business cases
- Management of projects from initiation, planning, execution and closure while monitoring and controlling the projects throughout the lifecycle including:
- Defining and managing project scope and priorities
- Developing and tracking status against the project plans – timelines and time/work effort
- Determining and managing project budgets
- Tracking and managing decisions, issues, risks, and change requests
- Ensuring projects are delivered on time, on budget and with the agreed to quality
- Providing clear and concise project communications aligned with the agreed to communications plan
- Analyzing and producing project performance metrics and reporting
- Conducting post-project/post-project phase reviews to implementing measures to continue to improve project performance
- Workshop and planning facilitation
- Planning and leading end user acceptance testing
- Organizational change management
- Building and maintaining good working relationships with project teams, IT colleagues, and business stakeholders
- Smart, no ego, fun, goal oriented, and driven by Integrity
- Living and designing a life that is uniquely your own via goal setting and personal responsibility
- Minimum 5 years of PM experience that includes developing comprehensive requirements specifications for systems/applications
- Experience developing and maintaining project schedules based on work effort estimates using tools such as MS Project
- Background in Computer Sciences, Information Systems or related fields could be beneficial
- PMP certification or equivalent is desirable
- CBAP certification or other related business analyst training is desirable
- Results oriented, well organized and able to work under pressure
- An ability to team-build, coach and mentor staff and build relationships with vendors, employees and senior management
- Collaborative leadership style and ego-less
- Ability to maintain composure and work effectively in a fast-paced environment
- Superior communication skills, solid problem solving skills and an ability to prioritize demands and manage expectations
- Able to manage time and workload effectively and efficiently to meet deadlines of multiple projects with varying completion dates
Reports to: Director, Corporate Operations
Working Team: Corporate Ops Team
Works Closely with: All other business departments
Type: Permanent, full-time position
Compensation: Let’s talk!
Location: Vancouver, BC
Keep in mind that Kit and Ace is a brand new company and everybody does a little bit of everything.
As the company grows, opportunities will present themselves and internal mobility and growth will be encouraged. We need awesome, hard-working people now that understand the ethos behind a start-up and are willing and excited to be a part of everything that goes along with it.
Please apply by responding to the email listed below and attach your resume and cover letter in either PDF or MS Word format. In your cover letter please outline your mid-term life goals (the next five years) and explain how this position will assist you in reaching your objectives.
While we thank all applicants for their interest, only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Thank-you for your interest in Kit and Ace!
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Vancouver, BC, CA
Posted on: 2015-08-17