OverviewKit and Ace Inventory Control Manager Full Time in Vancouver, BC
Kit and Ace
Branch Vancouver BC CA
Inventory Control Manager
Logistics, Product, Retail Ops and Asset Integrity. You will work closely with Logistics, Product, IT, Asset Integrity and other departments….
As Inventory Control Manager, you will be responsible for all things “Inventory”. You will step into this hands on role and leverage every bit of your past experience to generate immediate value. You will review existing processes and work flows as well as identifying gaps and creating new processes to fill those gaps. You will work closely with Logistics, Product, IT, Asset Integrity and other departments. You will ensure accuracy and integrity of data while maintaining or creating efficient and nimble processes that support our front line Shops. You will have the opportunity to analyze resource needs and lead, plan and coordinate the build out of your world class team.
- Allocate 30% of your time to lead, develop, coach and guide your team in establishing goals and developing their competencies that drive performance
- Model the company culture, and exemplify our shared values on a day-to-day basis
- Define, model and demonstrate the behaviours that enhance engagement, build enduring relationships and represent the Kit and Ace brand at all times
- Support the development of a culture that balances financial results and an execution-focus with a fun, dynamic and creative atmosphere
- Foster an environment of continuous learning and development that embraces individuality
- Ensure completeness of data flow from our third party logistics provider through to our ERP system
- Be a strategic leader by identifying the root cause of issues, gathering input, proposing solutions, and executing improvements to achieve key company objectives
- Direct, supervise, and monitor all financial matters relating to inventory from our factories through to the end consumer across multiple legal entities
- Lead, document processes and optimize efficiency around all inventory count efforts including third party distribution centers and shops, (likely to be quarterly)
- Analyze and report on count results looking for trends and opportunities for improvement
- Lead and oversee KPI data and financial reporting related to inventory
- Track and report on excess or obsolete inventory and drive for efficient and timely actions to resolve
- Act as the subject matter expert for integration and system enhancement projects
- Transform strategic direction from executives to the operational and team level
- Recommend changes to critical policies and establish new processes
- Act as a resource for the team to remove barriers to meet team intentions
- Smart, no ego, fun, goal orientated, and driven by Integrity
- Living and designing a life that is uniquely your own via goal setting and personal responsibility
- At least 5 years of progressive Inventory and leadership experience, preferably in a management role with clear evidence of understanding and improvement of processes and data flows
- Ability to get your hands dirty to get tasks done but also able to document and train the process for eventual hand off to team members
- Clear and in depth multi-location retail experience
- Ability to work with front line staff and other HQ staff to coach and educate on the importance of processes and accuracy
- A visible passion for what you do and ability to translate and communicate how accurate inventory impacts the business to all stakeholders especially front line staff
- Bachelor degree preferred
- Accountant designation preferred
- Proven aptitude for understanding how systems work and how to get what you need out of them
- Strong analytical acumen with the ability to solve problems and develop creative solutions
- Encompass the resilience and skill sets to succeed in an ever changing competitive market and meet high internal stakeholders expectations
- Great sense of humour, positive outlook, and able to effectively receive and communicate feedback
- Encourage a transparent, honest and positive team environment
- Results-oriented and process driven, with high expectations of self and team
Reports to: Controller
Working Team: Finance Team
Works Closely with: Logistics, Product, Retail Ops and Asset Integrity
Type: Permanent, full-time position
Compensation: Let’s talk!
Location: Vancouver, BC
Keep in mind that Kit and Ace is a brand new company and everybody does a little bit of everything.
As the company grows, opportunities will present themselves and internal mobility and growth will be encouraged. We need awesome, hard-working people now that understand the ethos behind a start-up and are willing and excited to be a part of everything that goes along with it.
Please apply by responding to the email listed below and attach your resume and cover letter in either PDF or MS Word format. In your cover letter please outline your mid-term life goals (the next five years) and explain how this position will assist you in reaching your objectives.
While we thank all applicants for their interest, only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Thank-you for your interest in Kit and Ace!
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Vancouver, BC, CA
Posted on: 2015-08-16