OverviewKinder Morgan Project Engineer (term role), TMEP – Calgary Temporary in Calgary, AB
Branch Calgary AB CA
Project Engineer (term role), TMEP – Calgary
Present related engineering plans and progress status updates to project stakeholders. Accountable for all engineering design activities for design integrity…
Kinder Morgan Canada is seeking a Project Engineer for the Trans Mountain Pipeline Expansion Project. In operation since 1953, the Trans Mountain Pipeline spans 1,150 kilometers from Edmonton, Alberta to Burnaby, British Columbia with a capacity of the 300,000 barrels per day. In spring 2012, Kinder Morgan Canada announced its plans to proceed with its proposed expansion of the existing Trans Mountain Pipeline system. TMEP is an approximately $6.8B project which will increase the capacity of the Trans Mountain Pipeline System by completing the twinning of the existing pipeline.
The Project Engineer will report to and support the TMEP Director – Engineering. In this capacity, the Project Engineer will provide support to the project by facilitating the scope and design development of ‘brownfield’ work involving, but not limited to, pipeline, facilities & infrastructure relocation aspects of the TMEP. Job scope involves sheparding these projects through the project lifecycle from inception, through scope development & definition, regulatory applications, detailed engineering, construction, Field Check Out (FCO), Commissioning, Start-Up, Operational Readiness, and Handover to Operations.
As Project Engineer, interface involvement will include all project stakeholders, not limited to but including VP TMEP Execution, Core Execution Team, Design Integrity & Project Scoping Team (of which this position is a member), Enabling Execution & Public Interface Team, Supporting & Monitoring Execution Team, Regulatory, Contracted Engineering, Construction, Vendor Suppliers, & Consulting Firms, etc.
The Project Engineer will have the following responsibilities:
- Accountable for all engineering design activities for design integrity meeting all code, regulatory, standard and specification requirements on engineering activities while ensuring the project’s success in meeting respective objectives as they relate to the overall execution of TMEP.
- Reviewing scoping documents to ensure all aspects of design requirements and scope of the projects are properly being captured in execution plans.
- Coordinate technical input/scope of work into bid packages.
- Identifying quality assurance requirements and contribute to a quality assurance team that will be responsible to ensure code, regulatory and TEMP requirements related to quality are being met during execution of the projects.
- Interface with engineering contractors to provide direction/guidance on design development technical issues ensuring that existing infrastructure and TMEP technical requirements are being met.
- Overseeing 3rd Party engineering and consultancy process services supporting regulatory, permit and other activities outside of the normal design development to ensure they meet requirements from an execution and quality perspective.
- Assurance of contractor compliance with regulatory requirements and commitments.
- Managing development of technical requirements and specifications including interface and coordination with technical expertise, engineers and operations representatives.
- Present related engineering plans and progress status updates to project stakeholders.
- Review and approve proposed engineering designs to ensure TMEP requirements are properly being captured.
- Supporting construction (through field engineering) and commissioning activities in later stages of the project, as they related to scope.Ensuring document management and lifecycle information requirements are being met.
- Must be eligible for registration, or registered, as a Professional Engineer (P. Eng.) in Alberta and/or British Columbia with 5 – 10 years of experience.
- Must have excellent organizational, managerial, communication and leadership skills to provide effective interface between the TMEP and 3 rd parties like engineering and construction companies, consultants, and internally within the TMEP team.
- Excellent understanding of work processes within capital projects throughout all project phases from concept development to detailed design, construction and commissioning.
- Must have proven multitasking skills and can work under extreme pressure.
- Must have excellent analytical and computational skills.
- Must have excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Must have notable experience in design and execution of large diameter pipelines and facilities projects, with preference given to those with strong understanding of CSA Z662/245 and mechanical engineering background.
- A proven track record in facility & pipeline projects with a thorough working knowledge of the interfaces with other engineering disciplines, construction, commissioning, and Operations.
As an equal opportunity employer, Kinder Morgan Canada actively encourages applications from traditionally underrepresented groups, including women, Aboriginal Peoples, members of visible minorities and persons with disabilities.
Employment Type: Temporary
Location: Calgary, AB, CA
Posted on: 2016-11-02