OverviewKinder Morgan Pipeline Patroller – Burnaby Full Time in Burnaby, BC
Branch Burnaby BC CA
Pipeline Patroller – Burnaby
Document Right-of-Way signage and other pipeline markings that may need repair or replacement. Kinder Morgan Canada has created an environment where original…
Kinder Morgan Canada has created an environment where original thinking and the broad application of experience are encouraged. We seek candidates who wish to expand their horizons, who will thrive in our open style management, while sharing our commitment to pipeline safety, environmental responsibility and organizational excellence. We are poised for a future dominated by expansion, activity and excitement.
Are you an individual that has been looking for an opportunity where you will be able to take the lead? Where the opportunity exists to expand your career? If you have a combination of pipeline industry experience, technical expertise, and excellent communications skills, you are definitely someone we want to talk to.
Reporting to the Pipeline Protection Supervisor, this full-time position will be responsible for the patrolling and reporting of all activities that could compromise the integrity of the pipeline on or near the Kinder Morgan Canada Rights-of-Way.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
• Responsible for visually inspecting the Kinder Morgan Rights-of-Way in the Fraser Valley and Metro Vancouver by foot, vehicle or aerial.
• Understand and communicate Kinder Morgan’s procedures for working on or near the Right-of-Way to instruct landowners and other third parties in proper ground disturbance procedures.
• Report, both verbally and in writing, to the Pipeline Protection Department, all unauthorized activities noted during patrols.
• Issue Stop Work Orders in the event an activity is deemed to be immediately dangerous to the pipeline or Right-of-Way.
• Document Right-of-Way signage and other pipeline markings that may need repair or replacement.
• Report on any natural hazards such as land slides, sink holes, erosion, etc. that may affect the pipeline or Right-of-Way.
• Actively promote the use of the BC One Call system during meetings and other communications with external parties.
• Point of contact for aerial observation during air-borne patrols.
• Work collaboratively with the Pipeline Protection Supervisor, Pipeline Protection Administrative Assistant and other Kinder Morgan Canada personnel and contractors to complete work tasks.
• Minimum Grade 12 education. Diploma or degree in a technical field would be an asset.
• 3-5 years of experience in construction preferably with underground infrastructure.
• Strong computer and communication skills to work with KMC staff and contractors in a field or office setting.
• Class 5 Drivers License.
• Capable of working outdoors for prolonged periods of time in all weather conditions.
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Burnaby, BC, CA
Posted on: 2015-05-22