OverviewKinark Child and Family Services Administrative Assistant Temporary in Markham, ON
Kinark Child and Family Services
Branch Markham ON CA
Advanced technical skills in software packages such as Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Power Point and Outlook), as well as various types of office equipment….
Kinark Child and Family Services is a leading child and youth service organization in Ontario, which provides a wide range of evidence-based services that include individual, family and group counselling for children and youth with complex needs and their families. Kinark’s three program streams include: Community-Based Child and Youth Mental Health, Autism, and Forensic Mental Health/Youth Justice.
Want to help children and youth with complex needs?
Come join our team!
Kinark: Helping children and youth with complex needs achieve better life outcomes.
We currently have an opportunity for an:
Administrative Assistant Corporate – Markham
Temporary, Full-Time – 35 hours/week (up to 1 year)
The Administrative Assistant reporting to the Executive Assistant to the President/CEO and Board of Directors, will have responsibility for providing a full range of administrative support to the Chief Operating Officer and the Vice President, Strategic Initiatives. In addition the Administrative Assistant will be providing support relating to our role as Lead Agency programs in the service areas of York, Durham and Peterborough/County of Kawartha Lakes/Haliburton.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Manages multiple priorities; handles matters expeditiously, proactively, and follows through on projects to successful completion, often with deadline pressures.
- Answer or redirect general inquiries in person, by telephone and via email and respond independently to inquiries that are specific in nature.
- Provide backup/coverage support within the corporate office for other priorities as required.
- Prepares and handles correspondence, reports, and forms.
- Bachelor’s degree or College Diploma in Business Administration or a relevant field.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience providing support at the executive level
- Knowledge of not for profit sector and child and youth services system in Ontario will be considered an asset.
- Excellent attention to detail, communication skills (both written and verbal) and the ability to interact effectively with all levels of internal and external stakeholders.
- Ability to deal with sensitive and confidential matters with diplomacy, tact, and discretion.
- Work well under pressure by incorporating excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Advanced technical skills in software packages such as Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Power Point and Outlook), as well as various types of office equipment.
- Occasional travel will be required in this position. The successful candidate must have a valid Ontario driver’s license, access to a reliable vehicle and be willing to obtain automobile insurance which includes driving for business purposes with a minimum liability of one million dollars.
- Satisfactory Criminal Record Check (including a Vulnerable Sector Screening) and Pre-Employment Medical.
- Candidates Bilingual in English and French will be given special consideration.
Interested applicants should submit their résumés via: https://kinark.talcura.com .
We are looking at commencing interviews the week of May 24th, please submit your resume as soon as possible.
Kinark Child and Family Services values inclusivity and diversity in the workplace. We encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds. We are committed to providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (‘AODA’). If you require accommodation during any stage of the recruitment process, please notify Human Resources at [email protected] or (905) 474-9595.
While we thank all applicants, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Any information obtained during the course of recruitment will be used for employment recruitment purposes only, and not for any other purpose.
Employment Type: Temporary
Location: Markham, ON, CA
Posted on: 2016-05-20