Keystone Technical Resources Ltd. Site Contract Administrator Contract in Dawson Creek, BC
Keystone Technical Resources Ltd.
Branch Dawson Creek BC CA
Site Contract Administrator
Dawson Creek, BC
5-7 years of experience in an Oil and Gas Contracts role. Ensure that spend authority, commitments and contract estimate at completion and change order amounts…
Contract Site Contracts Administrator, Major Projects
The Contract Site Contracts Administrator reports to the Project Contracts Lead and/or Contracts Manager, and ensures the successful planning, implementation, quality, control and reporting of the contract administration activities for Client’s self-managed contracts.
In addition, this role will perform oversight contract administration functions for the subcontracts formed and administered by the EPCM Contractor; Construction management scope of service for the EPCM contract; and Works Contractor formed by Client and administered by EPCM Contractor.
These roles are performed in accordance with the individual project’s execution plan, contracting business processes and company procedures.
Stands in as delegate for the Project Contracts Lead when required.
Summary of Key Accountabilities
Self-Perform Contracting – This will be for Client self-managed contracts administration activities. Functions and responsibilities under this model include the following:
- Assist Program Contracts Manager in development of the EPCM Post Award Contract Management Plan and Contract Summary for dissemination to the Project Management Team.
- Responsible for the administration of all Client placed contracts for the CRP Project at the project level.
- Coordinate and communicate with Project stakeholders on the timely delivery of their responsibilities/deliverables as required for contract administration. Perform some contract formation activities as required, including negotiating rates and analyzing bids.
- Prepare the approval documents in Coreworx for internal approval for documents including, Contract Approval Summary – Increased Spend and other contract documents in accordance with Client’s Supply Chain Procedure Matrix.
- Assist in the effective implementation of the administration and coordination procedures for all contracts allocated from the Contracting Plan until completion and contract closeout.
- Act as main point of contact between Client and contractor to ensure communications follow established protocol, and disseminate such communication in a timely manner to applicable project stakeholders.
- Communicate Site contracts related decisions, issues etc. to the Client Construction Team and provide weekly updates to the Project Contract Lead.
- Responsible to ensure that all Client placed contracts adhere to the applicable financial approval matrices as it pertains to the approval of all contract documents.
- Ensure implementation and adherence (including internal audits) to contracting procedures, processes and systems.
- Maintain correspondence records/log, meeting minutes log, change requests, back charges, amendments to the contract and notices.
- Communicate contract terms to users, update Project Controls and Project Contracts Lead on authorized spend and committed funds.
- Participate in meetings with project and construction teams.
- Responsible for scheduling regular commercial meetings with contractors to discuss and evaluate the progress of the services and to ensure any needs are properly actioned and minutes maintained and addressed these and other needs through the use of formally prepared and executed contractual letters and notices.
- Interface regularly with Project Controls and Construction Managers to discuss and evaluate the project progress and ensure any issues are minuted/recorded or formalized in writing to the applicable contractors.
- Provide invoice attestation, review and approve contract change orders (per the approval matrix) as it relates to the Project and/or Program contracts.
- Ensure that spend authority, commitments and contract estimate at completion and change order amounts are accurate with the project reporting format, consistent with paper contract, and, ensure that work exceeding contract scope or approved spend is not approved until path forward is discussed and agreed to.
- Interface regularly with Finance, Project Controls, Engineering, Operations and Construction (where applicable) during the administration of the Project contracts to ensure that all approved Change Requests and Trends related to contract scope changes are captured through contract Change Orders as well as adherence to those terms and conditions affecting but not limited to warranty, performance of the work, and valid supply of performance securities.
- Responsible for the maintenance of correspondence log, change requests, requests from contractor, back charges, invoicing, contract amendments and notices as applicable to the Client Placed Agreements.
- Provide updated information to Project Controls and Program Contracts Manager on authorized spend and contractually committed funds.
- Perform final close-out, with assistance from the Project Contracts Lead including documenting contractor performance evaluations.
- Register and evaluate disputes and claims for additional work and back charges for the Project contracts.
- Resolve contract management issues affecting the Project and participate in analytical and workflow/procedure improvement activities.
EPCM Subcontract Oversight (per assigned Project ) – Oversight roles and responsibilities under this model includes:
- Responsible for reviewing and understanding the Post Award EPCM Contract Management Plan which will detail the contract administration responsibilities of Client personnel as set out in the terms and conditions of the EPCM Contract.
- Responsible for reviewing and understanding the Post Award EPCM Contract Summary that can be provided to the Client Construction Team Members to provide an overview of the EPCM Contract terms and conditions highlighting any areas of concern/risk/commercial awareness etc.
- Responsible for the communication of EPCM contract terms to the respective users within the Client Construction Team.
- Responsible for reviewing and understanding the post award Works Contract Summary and disseminate such information to applicable Client construction management personnel.
- Responsible for reviewing EPCM Contractor RFP’s for the common services subcontract packages.
- Responsible to ensure that Project Contracts Lead is aware of any exceptions taken to the EPCM subcontract standard terms and conditions, and to understand when to negotiate and when to involve Client Legal, as per the EPCM Subcontracts Formation Procedure.
- Accountable for reviewing EPCM Contractor bid evaluations and award recommendations for the common services subcontractor packages for which the Contracts Administrator is assigned and obtaining internal Client approvals in accordance with the applicable approval matrices.
- Responsible for reviewing and obtaining internal Client approvals (as per the approval matrices) for the EPCM submitted changes as it relates to the common services subcontracts change orders, and Works contracts change orders.
- Responsible for providing updates to the Project Contracts Lead as it pertains to the EPCM Contractor schedule dates for the common services subcontracting activities.
- Responsible for interfacing with the Program Contracts Lead on the day to day contract administration duties as it pertains to the EPCM Contractor administration of the Works Contracts and the common services subcontracts. Activities may include collation of correspondence, attendance and participation at meetings, contract change management (change orders/amendments) as per applicable approval matrices, invoice attestation, contract compliance including ensuring securities, guarantees and insurances are current.
- Responsible for providing oversight on EPCM Contractor as it pertains to EPCM common services subcontractors and Works contracts invoice attestation.
- Responsible for interfacing with the EPCM Contractor in the day to day Site contract administration duties as it pertains to the Works Contract and the common services subcontracts. Activities may include collation of correspondence, attendance at meetings, contract change management (change orders/amendments) as per
- applicable approval matrices, contract compliance including ensuring securities, guarantees and insurances are current and invoice attestation.
- Responsible for the review of and the appropriate approval of any Works Contractor change orders presented by the EPCM Contractor.
- Responsible for providing oversight on EPCM Contractor as it pertains to Works Contractor invoice attestation.
- Responsible for ensuring oversight of EPCM Contractors’ management of the Works Contracts and other EPCM managed subcontracts as it pertains to contract compliance.
- Interface regularly with Finance, Project Controls, Engineering, Operations and Construction (where applicable) during the administration of the Project contracts to ensure all approved Change Requests and Trends related to contract scope changes are captured through contract Change Orders as well as adherence to those terms and conditions affecting but not limited to warranty, performance of the work, and valid supply of performance securities as required as it pertains to the EPCM Contractor’s ‘management’ of the Works Contracts and common services subcontracts.
- Provide updated information to Project Controls and Program Contracts Manager on authorized spend and contractually committed funds for the EPCM Contractors ‘management’ of the Works Contracts and the common services subcontracts.
- Ensure all contract plans, change log and commitment summary reports are accurate and up to date. Collaborate with Project Contracts Lead and Project Controls to support monthly project reports.
- Responsible to ensure that documents transmitted by EPCM Contractor are maintained or logged as required (for example – change requests, requests from contractor, back charges, invoicing, contract amendments and notices).
- Promote visibility at toolbox meeting, progress meetings, safety meetings and safety walk downs by participating/attending.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Must be legally eligible to work in Canada.
- 5-7 years of experience in an Oil and Gas Contracts role
- 3-5 years of experience as a Site Contracts Administrator.
- Proven organizational, analytical, and business skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- An understanding of quantitative methods of business.
- The ability to work effectively and collaboratively with a multi-disciplined team.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Applications, JD Edwards, Open Invoice, Coreworx is a requirement.
Job Type: Contract
- JD Edwards: 3 years
- Open Invoice: 3 years
- Coreworx: 3 years
- Site Contracts Administration: 5 years