OverviewKerry’s place Autism Support Associate Full Time in Peel, ON
Branch Peel ON CA
Autism Support Associate
In addition to a competitive compensation package, we focus on health and wellness including fitness. Reporting to the Manager, the Autism Support Associate is…
Reporting to the Manager, the Autism Support Associate is responsible to take
the lead to ensure that the day to day support provided to persons diagnosed with Autism Spectrum
Disorder (ASD) meet the expectations of those persons to enhance his/her quality of life. The support
provided must also align with the values of Kerry’s Place Autism Services and meet the goals and
expectations of the agency. The Autism Support Associate, as the liaison, leads the team to provide
service aimed at maximizing health and safety and personal fulfillment of persons diagnosed with ASD.
- Be familiar with and consistently apply the principles of Kerry’s Place with respect to the Mission,
Vision, Values and Policies and Procedures.
- Act as the primary liaison with family, medical, educational, leisure and recreational contacts.
- Provide leadership and coaching to other employees to continuously improve the quality of service
and the work environment.
- Provide appropriate supports to ensure the health and safety of the persons supported and ensure
compliance to Policies and Procedures associated with Health and Safety and Abuse Prevention.
- Ensure that, where appropriate, Behavioural and Crisis Protocols are documented and consistently
practiced. Identify when the support of appropriate professionals are required and enlist these
supports. Document and report incidents and serious occurrences immediately.
- Provide support and coaching in the areas of social skills, communication, vocation and leisure
- Administer medication according to Kerry’s Place Policy and Procedures.
- This position supports adults.
The successful candidate will possess the following qualifications:
- Completion of a Human Services Diploma from a recognized Community College or University and
one year of related experience (preferably supporting persons diagnosed with ASD) or Completion
of Ontario Secondary School (or equivalent) and five years of related experience (preferably
supporting persons diagnosed with ASD).
- Solid understanding of ASD and the unique support requirements of persons with this diagnosis.
- Solid communication skills both oral and written.
- Familiarity with applicable legislation and regulations.
- Working knowledge of computers and software such as Microsoft Office, Email and the Internet.
- Demonstrated flexibility, creativity and sound judgment.
- A valid Driver’s License, with a minimum G2.
- French language skills will be considered an asset.
In addition to a competitive compensation package, we focus on health and wellness including fitness
and family- focused benefits and work life balance.
Kerry’s Place is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to diversity and inclusivity in
employment and welcomes applications from all qualified persons. Kerry’s Place is also committed to
providing accommodations for persons with disabilities. If you require an accommodation, we will work
with you to meet your needs.
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Peel, ON, CA
Posted on: 2017-01-23