Employment Type: Freelance
Posted on: 2018-03-16
Kelowna ACMPR Medical Cannabis Facility Quality Assurance Analyst Contract in Kelowna, BC
Kelowna ACMPR Medical Cannabis Facility
Branch Kelowna BC CA
Quality Assurance Analyst
5 or more years of experience in Quality Assurance/ Quality Control Department as a supervisor or manager position….
The Quality Assurance Person (“QAP”) will ensure that the product produced meets the company’s’ objectives for purity, quality and security. QAP must have the ability to meet both external and internal regulatory requirements including legal compliance and customer expectations.
The QAP is accountable for the development, implementation and ongoing monitoring of the quality assurance and control systems in compliance with ACMPR.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Create Standard Operating Procedures for site facility
- Ensures that all processing activities are carried out as per Standard Operating Procedures (SOP), at all times, to result in consistent quality medical marijuana products.
- Collaborate with other relevant departments such as operations and marketing to ensure compliance with Health Canada regulations and guidelines.
- Must ensure that all technical documents at site in use are current. All the master documents such as site policy documents and Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) must be controlled and secured in accordance with Good Documentation Practices.
- Responsible for managing and coordinating staff, creating department efficiencies and providing leadership support.
- Must be able to communicate effectively to all levels of management.
- Implementation of standards, methods and procedures for inspecting, testing and evaluating the precision, accuracy and reliability of company products.
- Responsible for planning, implementing, and managing compliance of manufacturing and production process with internal and external safety, quality and regulatory standards/requirements for worldwide distributions.
- Assures compliance with in-house and/or external specifications and standards, such as GMP, GGP, GPP, GDP, ACMPR etc.
- Designs methods and procedures for inspecting testing and evaluating the precision and accuracy of production processes, production equipment and finished products.
- Performs internal audits, and vendor evaluation audits on regular basis to determine quality qualifications. Actively participates in external audits such as Health Canada Inspections.
- Performs analysis of reports and production data to identify trends and recommend updates or changes to quality standards and procedures when necessary.
- Assists product support areas in gathering and analyzing data.
- Participates in the reviewing of engineering designs to contribute quality requirements and considerations.
- Other duties as assigned by Manager (RPIC).
- Working experience as a Quality Assurance Manager in a cGMP, HACCP, GAP regulated environment with proficiency in documentation and analytical testing.
- Good Understanding of ACMPR, Controlled Drugs and Substances Act, Pest Control Products Act, Fertilizer Act, HACCP.
- Strong leadership qualities, ability to liaise with the internal and external department.
- BSc in Biological Sciences/ Pharmacy/ Food (preferred) or post-secondary diploma in Science related technical discipline.
- Previous Health Canada Security Clearance and work experience with a Canadian Licensed Producer (LP) is considered as an asset.
- 5 or more years of experience in Quality Assurance/ Quality Control Department as a supervisor or manager position.
- Previous experience with inspecting methods in the design, fabrication and production of medical cannabis an asset.
- Previous experience operating in a fast pace organizational environment.
- Demonstrated project planning and management capabilities; experience with change management.
- Previous experience as stand-alone QA/QC resource; direct responsibility for determining the strategy to meet quality objectives with the available resources as well as tactical execution.
- Proficient in English.
- Knowledge of plant chemistry, extraction systems and chromatographic techniques is an asset.
Job Type: Contract
Salary: $75,000.00 /year
- Quality Assurance: 5 years