Employment Type: Temporary
Posted on: 2017-04-02
Kelly Panteluk Construction Ltd. Project Coordinator/ Civil Tech Temporary in Estevan, SK
Kelly Panteluk Construction Ltd.
Branch Estevan SK CA
Project Coordinator/ Civil Tech
Civil Engineering Technologist Diploma or Civil Engineering Degree; Roles & Responsibilities:….
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Actively participating in and promoting a safe work culture
- Coordinating site surveyors under the direction of Project Engineer;
- Monitoring and reporting on construction quantities;
- Measuring and/or confirming contract quantities for payment;
- Onsite surveying using Trimble GPS equipment;
- Setting up, transferring and calibrating electronic models for GPS enabled construction equipment using Caterpillar Accugrade;
- Complete, interpret, review and approve survey work using Trimble GPS, and;
- Creation of survey layout files, whether converting from given designs or creating new designs.
- Ability to apply technical knowledge in resolving construction problems;
- Ability to coordinate and manage time on multiple projects
- Able to work effectively in a team environment or independently in the absence of supervision;
- Must be able to communicate clearly and effectively relay instructions, and;
- Good organization and communication skills.
Qualifications & Requirements:
- Civil Engineering Technologist Diploma or Civil Engineering Degree;
- 3+ years of construction surveying experience
- Ability to proficiently use AutoCAD or Trimble Business Center;
- Previous civil construction experience;
- Valid drivers license;
- Willingness to travel and work overtime when required, typical work days are ~11.5 hours; and
- Must pass a drug and alcohol test upon employment and if required throughout the duration of employment.
Skills and Abilities
- Interpret Remote Sensing Data
- Test Soils And Other Materials
- Prepare Project Schedules