Employment Type: Full Time
Posted on: 2016-09-08
Kawneer Company Canada Ltd. ABS & Process Engineering Coordinator Full Time in Lethbridge, AB
Kawneer Company Canada Ltd.
Branch Lethbridge AB CA
ABS & Process Engineering Coordinator
Requires excellent written and verbal communication skills, business process improvement knowledge, and ability to train others with diverse backgrounds and…
ABS & Process Engineering Coordinator
Position Reports to: ABS & Process Engineering Manager
Position Location: Lethbridge, Alberta, Canada
Direct Reports: None
The ABS & Process Engineering Coordinator is a key position that mentors, coaches, engages employees in continuous improvement and provides manufacturing process support through data analysis, metric deployment and project implementation.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Adhere to all company policies and procedures and environmental health and safety rules. Work in a safe manner that promotes the health and well-being of the individual and the environment.
- Create and manage Standard Work Instructions.
- Utilize Continuous Improvement through Employee engagement in ideas and implementation.
- Develop metrics and dashboard measures designed to include the entire plant population in both understanding of key performance indicators and necessary actions to improve KPI’s.
- Utilize improvement tools including A-3’s, Visual Management Boards, Daily Management Activities.
- Review and aid in developing Hoshin plans.
- Coach weekly problem-solving teams.
- Facilitate successful “Kaizen – Rapid Improvement Process” events. Support all required follow through and assist in sustaining improvements established during events.
- Coordinate and deliver team-based training and the ABS training.
- Act as internal consultant and catalyst to assist individuals and teams in the application of ABS, Lean Manufacturing principles and techniques to improve operation.
- Support leadership at all levels to meet business improvement metrics through the application of Lean Manufacturing, Kaizen techniques, and ABS. Establish reporting and communication processes to inform organizations of results and opportunities.
- Facilitate consistent/uniform approaches for visual controls and productivity measurements to be utilized throughout product teams and the factory.
- Assist team leaders in team skills to support meeting management, project management, improvements, results, etc.
- Server as Single Point of Accountability (SPA) for specific EHS areas as required.
- Equipping managers, supervisors, and all employees to both see and accomplish major opportunities for improvement linked to the plant’s processes.
- Working with manufacturing and support departments to ensure that improvement efforts are in line with Kawneer Health and safety and ABS requirements.
- Providing guidance and expertise in implementation of new equipment and processes.
- The research, preparation and justifications on eRFA’s used for purchasing new machinery and equipment.
- Assist in managing projects and contractor work for effective implementation of equipment and maintenance repairs.
- Responsible for contracting out work and Contractor Safety requirements to ensure compliance with the Kawneer Contractor Safety program. Assist maintenance planner with organization of contractor safety files for A.S.A.T. compliance.
- Assisting departments in making changes based on their needs.
- Responsible for purchase order and invoice completions for work performed.
- Engage and assist Production Managers and Manufacturing personnel to improve plant processes.
- Part of the Kawneer Best Practice programs for continuous improvements.
- Liaises with planning, production and maintenance supervisory staff in order to coordinate and facilitate work schedules that support the health and safety, production, cost and quality goals of the business.
- Strong Project Management skills
- Advanced skill level of Windows and MS Office Suite
- Ability to prepare and deliver effective presentations is required
- Requires high energy and focused planning and organizing skills.
- Strong facilitation and training skills are needed to deliver Lean Manufacturing concepts, principles and practices.
- Must have strong team building skills and the ability to facilitate team-based initiatives.
- Requires excellent written and verbal communication skills, business process improvement knowledge, and ability to train others with diverse backgrounds and education levels.
- Strong professional image, ethical standards, integrity, objectivity, confidence and dedication to internal and external customer and contacts.
- Self-motivated, people oriented, service oriented, and ability to work with all levels in the organization.
- Bachelor’s Degree (Engineering or other technical field), or Engineering Technologist (with 2+ years of experience)
- Experience facilitating and managing Lean Manufacturing programs Qualifications.
- Experience in a manufacturing environment with focus in metal fabrication.
Physical Work Environment/Conditions:
- The physical work environment requires the employee to work at times inside or outside in heat/cold, wet/humid and dry/arid conditions. Frequently required to use personal protective equipment to prevent exposure to hazardous conditions.
We thank in advance all those who apply but only those considered for an interview will be contacted.
Kawneer Company Canada Ltd. is an equal opportunities employer.
Job Type: Full-time