OverviewJudicial Clerk in Wetaskiwin, AB
Government of Alberta
Branch Wetaskiwin AB CA
A valid Driver’s License (class 5) and a reliable vehicle are required for travel to circuit Court locations (please mention it on the resume). This position…
September 23, 2014
Judicial Clerk/Senior Judicial Clerk
Justice and Solicitor General
To learn more about what our ministry is all about, follow the link at http://justice.alberta.ca
We are looking for an individual who will provide quality work and is dedicated to client service. An opportunity for a professional individual within the Court Services team in Wetaskiwin, Alberta.
As a Judicial Clerk/Senior Judicial Clerk, you will represent the administration of the Courts in a responsible and professional manner that reflects the fair and equitable delivery of justice in Alberta. The shifting priorities between the courtroom and assisting the public and lawyers at the counter provides diversity on a daily basis.
Your key responsibilities will include Court, counter and office duties and will be the following, but not limited to:
– Organizing and managing administrative processes within the courtroom for both civil and criminal proceedings.
– Maintaining the court record, including operation of the digital recording system; maintaining the decorum of the court
– Entering and being responsible for exhibits entered into the record
– Liaising with judiciary, lawyers, police and general public
– Reviewing and filing documents in adherence with the Alberta Rules of Court and various Provincial and Federal statutes
– Providing assistance to the public and legal community at the counter
– General office duties, including telephone, fax and incoming mail
The ideal candidate will possess:
– Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills
– Strong problem solving skills
– Excellent keyboarding skills
– Keen attention to detail and ability to multi-task
– A high degree of accuracy while meeting high volume demands
– Exceptional time management skills
– Ability to adapt to changing environments and ability to handle high-stress situations
– Experience working with cash
– Customer service experience
– Office experience
– Judicial Clerk: High School diploma and minimum six months of related experience.
– Senior Judicial Clerk: High School diploma and minimum two years of related experience, including 18 months of directly related experience as a Judicial Clerk and the successful completion of the departmental para-legal program.
Knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel, and Outlook) is required. Customer service experience, along with experience dealing with cash register/balancing are considered assets. Knowledge of Civil and Sheriff Entry System (CASES), the Justice On-Line Information Network (JOIN), along with the digital recording system (FTR) is also considered assets. Equivalencies will be considered.
Judicial Clerk: $$1,542.19 to $1,879.70 bi-weekly
Sr. Judicial Clerk: $1,815.31 to $2,27.92 bi-weekly
A valid Driver’s License (class 5) and a reliable vehicle are required for travel to circuit Court locations (please mention it on the resume).
This position may require extended periods of sitting and/or standing.
The candidate must have the ability to lift files/exhibits to a weight of 25 lbs.
This competition may be used to fill future permanent and temporary full-time and part-time vacancies. Final candidates will be asked to undergo a security screening.
How to Apply
Please apply online. Applicants are advised to provide information that clearly and concisely demonstrates how their qualifications meet the advertised requirements, including education, experience and relevant examples of required competencies.
Note: As only one file can be uploaded, please ensure your cover letter, resume and any other related documents are submitted in one file. Please ensure that this document is saved using the naming convention of your last then first name (Smith,Joe_Resume). Applicants who apply online will be able to track the status of this competition.
If you are unable to submit an electronic version of your resume, please submit your resume, quoting the Job ID, , to: Cheryl Stone at Alberta Justice and Solicitor General, Human Resources Services, 2nd fl 108 Street Building, 9942 – 108 Street, Edmonton, AB, T5K 2J5; fax# 780-643-9425.
Please provide a valid email address with your application as interview invitations will be sent via email.
It is recommended that applicants who have obtained educational credentials from outside of Canada and have not had them previously assessed, obtain an evaluation of their credentials from the International Qualifications Assessment Service (IQAS) – http://eae.alberta.ca/labour-and-immigration/overview-of-immigration/international-qualifications-assessment-service.aspx It is recommended that applicants include the assessment certificate from IQAS or any other educational assessment service as part of their application.
We thank all applicants for their interest. All applications will be reviewed to determine which candidates’ qualifications most closely match the advertised requirements. Only individuals selected for interviews will be contacted.
If you require any further information on this job posting, please contact Cheryl Stone at [email protected] If this competition is closed as per the closing date noted above, please continue to check http://www.jobs.alberta.ca for a listing of current career opportunities with the Government of Alberta.
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Wetaskiwin, AB, CA
Posted on: 2014-09-13