OverviewJPMorgan Chase CIB – Oil & Gas Investment Banking – 2016 Analyst – Calgary, Canada Full Time in Calgary, AB
Branch Calgary AB CA
CIB – Oil & Gas Investment Banking – 2016 Analyst – Calgary, Canada
CIB – Oil & Gas Investment Banking – 2016 Analyst – Calgary, Canada. These clients include large, multi-national integrated energy companies, independent…
J.P. Morgan is a leader in financial services, offering innovative and intelligent solutions to clients in more than 100 countries with one of the most comprehensive global product platforms available. We have been helping our clients to do business and manage their wealth for more than 200 years and we keep their interests foremost in our minds at all times. This combination of product strength, intellectual capital and character sets us apart as an industry leader. J.P. Morgan is part of JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM), a global financial services firm with assets of $2.0 trillion.
J.P. Morgan’s Oil & Gas Investment Banking Coverage team is seeking an Analyst. The Oil & Gas team counts among its clients a wide variety of oil & gas industry participants at every part of the energy value chain. These clients include large, multi-national integrated energy companies, independent exploration & production firms, oilfield services providers, refiners and midstream pipeline and infrastructure operators. The Oil & Gas team is a part of the Energy Group within the Investment Bank and is headquartered in New York, with additional offices in Houston, Calgary, Toronto, Europe, Latin America and Asia Pacific.
Investment Banking at J.P. Morgan helps the world’s preeminent companies solve problems and maximize opportunities by raising capital or shaping corporate strategy and structure. Investment Bankers are the first point of contact for most clients, which include multinational corporations, nonprofit organizations, governments, financial institutions, private firms, entrepreneurs and wealthy individuals. Our professionals take the long view of each client’s needs and assess the best ways to execute their strategies. Often, members of the deal team interact on a daily basis with the client’s CEO and CFO, providing advice on the entire spectrum of J.P. Morgan products. That means offering the right solution at the right time and always putting the client’s needs first. The responsibilities will come early, the opportunities are fantastic and the work itself is stimulating.
Roles and Responsibilities
Oil & Gas analysts serve as the heart of every deal or project team, given meaningful responsibility in the marketing, structuring and execution of deals. The role is fast-paced, challenging and highly quantitative. Analysts typically work in small teams of bankers, affording them direct exposure to senior bankers within J.P. Morgan as well as direct interaction with clients. Analysts within Oil & Gas have the opportunity to play an integral role in the coverage of and executions for some of the largest and most sophisticated clients in the world by assessing and executing their highest priority strategic alternatives, including raising debt and equity and advising on mergers and acquisitions.
We are looking for a 2016/1st year analyst to join the team. A successful analyst will transition to a 2nd year analyst in June. Typical responsibilities include:
- Creation of financial projections and merger models
- Market, structure and execute Investment Banking transactions
- Working with corporate clients on raising capital and shaping corporate strategy
- Preparation of presentation and marketing materials
- Conducting industry and product research
- Executing client transactions from start to closing
- Learning and interacting with J.P. Morgan’s clients, products, services, and business practices
The successful candidate will possess the following:
- Undergraduate degree from a reputable university in a relevant subject area with a minimum 3.2 gpa or equivalent
- Enrollment in or completion of the CFA designation or other professional designations (CA, P.Eng) is considered an asset
- Strong knowledge of corporate finance, accounting and financial modeling
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills
- Excellent technology skills (namely Excel and PowerPoint skills)
- Highly organized, detail oriented and proactive
- Hardworking with strong teamwork and verbal/written communication skills
- Preference will be given to candidates with previous industry and / or capital markets experience
CA-AB-Calgary-Calgary / 32066
CORPORATE & INVESTMENT BANK
JPMorgan Chase & Co.
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Calgary, AB, CA
Posted on: 2017-02-08