OverviewJones Lang LaSalle Project Manager Full Time in Vancouver, BC
Jones Lang LaSalle
Branch Vancouver BC CA
The Company will endeavor to make reasonable accommodations up to the point of undue hardship, for disabilities made known to it by its employees and applicants…
JLL is currently seeking a dynamic individual for the role of Project Manager to provide reliable, timely, and professional support to the Toronto Project Team, assisting with the day to day project management activities. The position entails working with a diverse group of internal and external Stakeholders at all levels of the organization, and the successful candidate will require the independent judgment to plan, prioritize, and organize a diverse workload.
• Support project executives on multiple projects and assignments
• Primary focus is on the specific needs of the project, client, vendors, contractors, and other stakeholders
• Develop scope and schedule for assigned projects
• Identify and address areas of concern regarding potential risk surrounding project, project logistical issues, budget and scope
• Proactively manage project related issues on accounts or assignments
• Conduct and document all weekly project meetings
• Coordinate and track all Vendor Request For Proposals (“RFPs”)
• Maintain accurate and consistent files and documentation
• Coordinate the activities of sub-contractors and the relocation of technical functions
• Interact and negotiate with contractors and subcontractors
• Prepare/update project status reports, process invoices, update tracking reports, and maintain files for due diligence and financials
• Demonstrate a proactive focus on meeting client and project requirements in a timely and cost effective manner
• Responsible for Project Management leadership for PDS assigned initiatives
• Demonstrate proficiency in the use and application of all PDS technology as required for assigned projects
• Assist the Local PDS team in meeting Adjusted Gross Margin (“AGM”) targets on a Regional and National level as determined on a yearly basis by the Management Executive Committee
• Comply with all JLL policies and procedures, including but not limited to ethics and business practice
• Any other reasonable duties and responsibilities that may be assigned
• Post-secondary education in Business Administration, Architecture, Engineering, or Project Management
• Must have 6-8 years of relevant work experience, or combination of relevant work experience and education
Commercial real estate, architectural or construction industry experience is required
• Ability to understand all aspects of construction projects effectively and efficiently including, but not limited to Budgeting, and Scheduling in order to fully understand project implications based on minimal conceptual information
• Must have an understanding of technical requirements for business relocation
• Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills (verbal and written) with the ability to successfully communicate with architects, contractors, client’s representatives, and team members
• Strong organizational and time management skills
• Able to adapt and prioritize, meeting deadlines, in a fast-paced environment
Flexibility with work hours and travel as needed
• Operates with a sense of urgency, quickly responding to Stakeholders
• Professional yet personable demeanor
• Demonstrated leadership, responsiveness, and accountability
• Detail oriented with strong analytical skills
• Proactive and takes initiative
• Able to maintain confidentiality, utilize judgment, and work with minimal supervision
• Demonstrated proficiency with all applicable software packages including but not limited to MS Windows; MS Office, including MS Project, MS Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint; Adobe Professional, X, or Standard
Jones Lang LaSalle (NYSE: JLL) is a professional services and investment management firm offering specialized real estate services to clients seeking increased value by owning, occupying and investing in real estate. With annual revenue of $3.9 billion, JLL operates in 70 countries from more than 1,000 locations worldwide. On behalf of its clients, the firm provides management and real estate outsourcing services to a property portfolio of 2.6 billion square feet and completed $63 billion in sales, acquisitions and finance transactions in 2012. Its investment management business, LaSalle Investment Management, has $46.3 billion of real estate assets under management.
JLL is focused on winning in the marketplace and being the industry leader, executing better than anyone else and innovating to create great products and services. We operate in an atmosphere of excellence, integrity, respect and trust. We bring a sense of teamwork, inclusion and diversity in everything we pursue. Our clients see the results as we address their needs, solve their problems and bring new ideas.
As a distinguished market leader, we offer challenging career opportunities in an exciting environment. Our future success as a firm depends on our ability to attract, develop and retain the very best people in the business. Our values define who we are, underscore our commitment to clients and provide direction for everything we do.
Our unique culture has been recognized by industry experts and our peers. We are:
• The only real estate services and money management firm listed on Forbes magazine’s “Platinum 400 Best Big Companies” list for three consecutive years
• One of the “100 Best Corporate Citizens” in the United States named by CRO magazine
• A “best company to work for” in multiple locations around the globe, including Chicago, San Francisco, London, Ireland, Shanghai and Hong Kong
• World’s Most Ethical Companies from Ethisphere Institute for six consecutive years
• America’s 100 Most Trustworthy Companies from Forbes Magazine
This partial list of awards demonstrates our record of achievement and our commitment to fostering an award-winning culture. For further information, visit www.jll.com.
Qualified applicants may apply on JLL’s Careers web site: www.jll.ca/canada/en-ca/careers
We thank all applicants for their interest, but advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
JLL IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
JLL is an equal opportunity employer and committed to recruiting, developing and maintaining a diverse workforce in compliance with all applicable Human Rights legislation. The Company will endeavor to make reasonable accommodations up to the point of undue hardship, for disabilities made known to it by its employees and applicants.
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Vancouver, BC, CA
Posted on: 2015-01-24