OverviewJohnson Project Manager, Full-Time (Toronto or St. John’s) Full Time in St. John’s, NL
Branch St. John’s NL CA
Project Manager, Full-Time (Toronto or St. John’s)
St. John’s, NL
The Project Manager is an IT/PMO and Business Project Manager with overall accountability for the successful delivery of one or more concurrent projects….
The Project Manager is an IT/PMO and Business Project Manager with overall accountability for the successful delivery of one or more concurrent projects. This includes all facets of project delivery including stakeholder management, project / program governance, scope, schedule, budget, issue and risk management.
Who you are:
Your enthusiasm is infectious. You challenge the status quo. You find solutions to problems. You go the extra mile to exceed customers expectations. You get things done the right way. You represent our brand with passion and pride. You are a team player. You have fun and you make work fun for those working around you.
What you will achieve in this role:
– Plans and directs medium/large IT and Business projects of moderate to high complexity independently
– Develops project/enhancement management documents and plans within the Project Management Governance Process and Gating Framework including Project Charter, Scope, Schedule, Budget, Quality, Resourcing, Communication, Risk, and Procurement where required
– Provides formalized, continuing work direction and leadership to an assigned team that may include business experts, developers, business analysts, and technical specialists including the scheduling, assignment and review of project/enhancement work
– Provide management of and direction to vendor partners to facilitate the scheduling, assignment and review of project/enhancement work
– Tracks, monitors, and communicates project progress against the project management plan, requirements, quality measures, standard processes, and milestones
– Oversees and is accountable for ensuring project/enhancement is delivered within project cost management budget and schedule
– Coordinates input, support, and communication with all functional/business areas that impact project/enhancement scope, business value, risk and resource requirements including PMO reporting and project steering committees
– Involved in the execution of the technically complex aspects of assigned projects/enhancements
– Effectively resolves project related issues, facilitates/negotiates resolution with key project stakeholders and escalates/communicates issues appropriately
– Leading multiple projects/enhancements concurrently
– Occasional evening and weekend work may be required to meet project deadlines
– Carry out complex work requirements as generally directed by Practice Leader while working largely autonomously to meet needs of teams, projects and timelines
– Takes a leadership role within the Practice mentoring and guiding other project managers and may include direct reporting responsibilities
What you bring to this role:
– University or college degree/diploma or equivalent training or experience
– At least 10 years of progressive experience in various aspects of Information Technology delivery and Business Project management
– Experience with P&C, Life, or Banking (P&C is preferred)
– Thorough knowledge of Project Management practices (one or more methods) and thorough knowledge of various SDLC models
– PMP certified or equivalent
– Active and enthusiastic participant including personal development and seeking out teaching/coaching opportunities
– Good financial and business acumen
– Strong communication skills, oral and written
– Excellent influencing and negotiating experience including stakeholder management
– Knowledge of property casualty insurance business, preferably from a business process perspective
– Ability and willingness to work under pressure for sustained periods of time on potentially multiple projects
Applicants agree that by providing personal information in response to this ad, and otherwise in any recruitment process with RSA or its affiliated companies (the Company) such personal information may be retained and used for a period of one (1) year from the date of this application, for the purpose of consideration for employment opportunities which may arise during that time period, unless an applicant notifies the Company to the contrary.
We thank all applicants. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
We invite you to learn more about us at our Career Site, www.rsagroup.ca, where you can apply on line.
RSA group of Companies is strongly committed to diversity and welcomes applications from visible minority group members, women, Aboriginal persons, and persons with disabilities, members of the LGBT community, and others who may contribute to the further diversification of ideas.
RSA group of Companies will provide reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities in the job application process.
If you have difficulty using our online application system and you need an accommodation due to a disability, please email [email protected] or call us at toll free 1 (800)-855-0511. Please note this email is only for accommodation requests. Resumes sent to this email address will not be considered.
- Analytical skills
- Information Technology
- Managing client relationships
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: St. John's, NL, CA
Posted on: 2018-04-05