OverviewJohnson & Johnson Inc. Scientist 1 – Cleaning Validation – 12 month contract Temporary in Guelph, ON
Johnson & Johnson Inc.
Branch Guelph ON CA
Scientist 1 – Cleaning Validation – 12 month contract
The individual will be required to ensure compliance with all internal specifications and regulatory / corporate policies….
Johnson & Johnson Inc. is a member of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies, the world’s most comprehensive and broadly based manufacturer of health care products, as well as a provider of related services, for the consumer, pharmaceutical, and medical devices and diagnostics markets. In Canada, Johnson & Johnson Inc. markets innovative consumer products focusing on skin and hair care, baby care, wound care, oral health and women’s health as well as a broad range of well-known and trusted over-the-counter products through our McNeil Consumer Healthcare division.
At Johnson & Johnson Inc. our purpose is to “Bring Science to the Art of Healthy Living” by providing Canadians with some of the world’s most widely used and trusted brands including; JOHNSON’S ® Baby, NEUTROGENA®, AVEENO® LISTERINE®, BAND-AID® Brand Adhesive Bandages, TYLENOL®, REACTINE® , BENYLIN® , NICORETTE®, NICODERM® and many more. Based in Markham, Ontario, Johnson & Johnson Inc. employs approximately 400 people and is supported by a manufacturing and R&D facility located in Guelph, Ontario.
The Quality Scientist I – Cleaning Validation (12 Month Contract) will support the execution of Make 2 Win and other cleaning validation projects at the McNeil Guelph site. The Quality Scientist I – Cleaning Validation will lead the execution of Make 2 Win tactical implementation plans with responsibility for all aspects of project execution including: development of project timelines; preparation and execution of equipment and cleaning validation documents; collection and execution of analytical testing on cleaning validation samples; related procedural updates; and training. The individual will be required to ensure compliance with all internal specifications and regulatory / corporate policies.
• Collect and store cleaning validation samples taken from equipment.
• Conduct analytical analysis of active and detergent samples collected for cleaning validation.
• Perform visual inspections on equipment for residuals.
• Maintain up-to-date and accurate records of all work performed.
• Carry out special projects related continuous improvement/M2W with a focus on cleaning validation initiatives.
• Identify non-value added activities and lead the implementation of innovative approaches to continuously improve current systems and processes.
• Create tactical implementation plans for the execution of projects.
• Ownership of project change controls.
• Prepare and execute cleaning validation protocols and reports.
• Prepare and execute equipment qualifications.
• Complete cleaning validation assessments when new products, equipment and/or cleaning processes are introduced.
• Coordinate execution of cleaning validation activities.
• Update procedures, supplements and OJTs related to cleaning and sanitization activities.
• Perform investigations into cleaning validation deviations.
• Maintain laboratory equipment in good working order.
• Handle disposition of chemical waste in an appropriate manner.
• Generate system reports as required (Quality notifications; Change Controls; Near Miss/Accidents Reports).
• Able to work independently on projects as needed.
• Support audit inspections through maintenance of an audit ready state.
• Maintain detailed, accurate and up-to-date records of work performed using good documentation practices (GDPs).
• Maintain a safe work environment and use good laboratory practices (GLPs) in the handling of chemicals.
Education and Experience Requirements:
Minimum Bachelor Degree in Chemistry or equivalent.
Minimum 2-3 years of relevant chemical experience is required; operations experience is an asset.
Experience with Make 2 Win and/or project management is an asset.
Must have excellent oral communication and written documentation skills.
Ability to work both independently and as an integral member of the team
Demonstrated problem solving and multi-tasking capabilities.
Strong personal computer skills.
Familiar with Good Manufacturing and Good documentation practices.
Must be able to provide flexible coverage to accommodate cleaning validation activities that occur off shift.
BE VITAL in your career; Be seen for the talent you bring to your work. Explore opportunities within the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies.
Diversity and inclusion are central elements of the shared culture across the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies. Attracting, developing and retaining a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers and communities is essential to our success. We are committed to providing a respectful, inclusive and accessible work environment where all employees have the opportunity to achieve their potential.
Johnson & Johnson Inc. (7695)
Employment Type: Temporary
Location: Guelph, ON, CA
Posted on: 2016-07-09