OverviewJohn Abbott College AGENT DE SOUTIEN ADMINISTRATIF, CL. I – Student Services Full Time in Sainte-anne-de-bellevue, QC
John Abbott College
Branch Sainte-anne-de-bellevue QC CA
AGENT DE SOUTIEN ADMINISTRATIF, CL. I – Student Services
Replace receptionist, prepare billing & invoices for the Bar services Food services JAC Bus services, Xerox, administrative support etc….
IMPORTANT: Effective immediately.
JOB SUMMARY: UNDER THE GENERAL AUTHORITY OF THE DIRECTOR OF STUDENT SERVICES AND THE DIRECT SUPERVISION OF THE STUDENT SUCCESS SPECIALIST,
IS RESPONSIBLE FOR RESPONDING TO ENQUIRIES FROM STUDENTS, STAFF, EMPLOYERS AND THE GENERAL PUBLIC.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Respond to and resolve inquiries from students, staff, employers or general public, including screening calls and department e-mail
• Meet with students, analyze their needs and provide advice, or refer to other services if needed
• Evaluate job offers to ensure they comply with established norms; approve jobs online, forward job offers to career program in question.
• Assist students in job search, job application procedures and University application process (UCIC Centre)
• Coordinate on-campus student employment offers
• Design, set up and update spreadsheets to record student applying to and hired for on campus jobs by department
• Recruit, participate in selection process, and train student volunteers to work as office assistants
• Organize and provide administrative support for University Career Information, Student Employment Centre and Student Services events
• Update department records, attend and participate in meetings with Student Success Specialist
• Responsible for coordinating the advertising of employment, career and university applications services to students
• Assist in various tasks within the Student Services department such as; replace receptionist, prepare billing & invoices for the Bar services Food services JAC Bus services, Xerox, administrative support etc.
• Perform other related duties as may be assigned.
Education: Secondary school diploma or a diploma of vocational studies in an appropriate specialty or have an attestation of studies which is recognized as equivalent by the competent authority and have at least one (1) year of pertinent experience.
• Good typing skills
• Computer skills and experience required (MS Office)
• Excellent communication and organisation skills
• Ability to deal with people pleasantly and effectively
• French (conversational)
• English (fluency oral and written)
Testing may be required to demonstrate knowledge of:
English (fluency oral and written)
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Sainte-Anne-de-Bellevue, QC, CA
Posted on: 2015-08-01