OverviewJob Skills Marketing Assistant (Summer Student) Contract in York, ON
Branch York ON CA
Marketing Assistant (Summer Student)
Marketing Assistant Summer Student (35 Hours/ Week) Full-time Summer Position, 10 Weeks Duration Newmarket Location MISSION: Job Skills is a non-profit
Summer Student (35 Hours/ Week)
Full-time Summer Position, 10 Weeks Duration
Job Skills is a non-profit charitable organization, dedicated to enhancing people’s capacity to participate in the labour market, thereby contributing to the economic and social viability of our community.
The Marketing Assistant (student) is based at the Job Skills’ Head Office location, in Newmarket, Ontario. The Marketing Assistant (student) will report directly to the Marketing Manager and will work in collaboration with the Director of Communications and other members of the Marketing Department.
This position will support the Marketing Department in Newmarket and will also provide marketing support to Job Skills’ regional sites, located in the Brampton, Keswick, Markham, and Newmarket, as needed. Travel to the individual Job Skills’ offices will be on an “as required” basis.
The Marketing Assistant position will be responsible for the following learning objectives and job tasks:
The Marketing Assistant will support the Agency’s online media strategy with social media content development and online communication by:
- Studying and becoming familiar with the Agency’s Personnel and Social Media Policies, Marketing Procedural Manual, Job Skills’ Website Procedures, and guidelines for Accessibility of Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) as it relates to websites.
- Increasing the Agency’s social media activity in the following platforms, i.e. Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Google+, YouTube etc. by posting content on the appropriate social media venue on a pre-determined schedule.
- Assisting with creating/curating a variety of content for the various social media platforms, i.e. articles, YouTube videos, online ads etc.
- Researching/writing posts based on an editorial calendar established by the Marketing Manager.
- Posting content on the appropriate social media venue on a pre-determined schedule.
- Assisting in writing content for Job Skills’ website to promote interest in the Agency’s services and programs, i.e. testimonials, program overviews, client resources, etc.
- Working with Marketing Manager to ensure that all websites are free of errors, broken links and meet AODA standards of accessibility
- Updating website content as directed, including posting of flyers, calendars, event messaging
The Marketing Assistant will support the activities of the Agency’s Marketing Department including:
- Becoming familiar with the Agency’s overall Marketing Strategy, as well as the strategies for individual programs/services.
- Ordering printed and promotional material,
- Assisting with the creation/revision of marketing materials,
- Attending marketing strategy meetings
- Distribution of marketing materials to appropriate venues
- Proofreading, editing of marketing materials
General Office Duties :
- Become familiar with Job Skills’ mandate, objectives and programs (e.g. Employment Services, and specialized youth services – ie. Youth Job Connection; Employer Services; Newcomer Services – ie. Bridge to HR, Welcome Centre, Self-Employment Pathways for Newcomers, Job Search Workshops Job Find Club for ITIs, Practice Firm; and Business Services), through the review of available literature, involvement in staff meetings and site specific visits.
- Learn Job Skills’ general program information and be able to refer potential clients to appropriate community services and programs
- Develop and maintain a working relationship with all Job Skills’ Departments, at all Job Skills’ offices.
- Learn to operate basic office equipment (e.g. photocopier, facsimile machine, postage machine, desktop computer/printer, including related computer programs, e-mail and directories)
Other duties as required.
Students should be enrolled in either a College and/or University level program, majoring in one of the following disciplines:
- Social Media
- Graphic Design
- Web Master
Students should also have the following qualifications/skills:
- Proficiency using Microsoft Office, Adobe CS6 including Illustrator and Dreamweaver
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with a professional demeanor
- Familiarity with Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, and other social media sites
- Familiarity with Hoot Suite, Google Analytics
- Ability to quickly learn and implement new skills
- Self-directed, motivated, takes initiative
- Ability to prioritize in a fast paced environment
- Someone who is detail oriented with a proven ability to multi task
- High level of energy and a positive attitude
Only electronic applications will be accepted. Please indicate the position title in the Email subject line.
Please respond by May 27, 2016.
Accommodation is available for persons with disabilities, upon request.
Job Skills embraces diversity and encourages all qualified candidates to apply. We thank all applicants, but only those to be interviewed will be contacted.
14-130 Davis Drive Newmarket, ON, L3Y 2N1
Employment Type: Freelance
Location: York, ON, CA
Posted on: 2016-05-18