OverviewJob Skills Administrative Assistant/Receptionist Part Time in Peel, ON
Branch Peel ON CA
Must have a valid driver’s license and access to a reliable vehicle. Orders and maintains appropriate levels of general supplies and office supplies to ensure…
ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT/RECEPTIONIST – FAST FORWARD PROGRAM
P/T Contract Opportunity (14 Hours/Week, 45 Weeks Duration)
Employment Services – Brampton Location
Job Skills is a non-profit organization, dedicated to enhancing people’s capacity to participate in the labour market, thereby contributing to the economic and social viability of our community.
The Fast Forward Program will assist a minimum of 60 Brampton/Peel Region youth (between the ages of 15 to 30) to determine a viable career goal and obtain skills and basic Certifications needed to compete successfully, to secure employment. The Fast Forward Program consists of 9 components delivered over 4 weeks of in-house training, followed by an 8 week Work Placement, which includes: Pre-Employment Preparation; Creation of a Return to Work Action Plan; Career Exploration; Life Management Skills; Certifications and Training; Job Search Tools; Targeted Job Search Techniques; Work Experience Placement with Follow-up and “on-the-job” supports.
The Administrative Assistant/Receptionist performs reception duties, communicating efficiently and effectively with internal and external customers. S/he is responsible for clerical and data entry support for Employment Services (ES) including Information and Referral (RI) and Employment Ontario Information System (EIOS) database management. S/he assists the Director and Manager of Employment Services in the collection and tabulation of data for the purposes of month end reporting and other activities related to determining Job Skills Overall Service Quality success.
Specific duties as follows:
- Follows standard procedures for receiving and directing calls and handling walk-in clients
- Following established procedures, schedules appointments for the Centre
- Provides general program information to clients and refers appropriately
- Works cooperatively with other staff to ensure consistent and efficient reception coverage while providing excellent customer service.Manages work day to allow time for clerical support functions
- Prepares files and maintains filing system as required
- Types correspondence, sends faxes and distributes mail
- On daily basis ensures client data is input completely and runs reports.
- Ensures accuracy of data entered into both Job Skills and EOIS databases.
- Monitor operational needs and reporting to office manager as needed.
- Liaises with companies providing service, such as Canada Post and office cleaners
- Orders and maintains appropriate levels of general supplies and office supplies to ensure efficient office operation
- Handles all purchase order requests according to Job Skills accounting policies.
- Accountable for processing incentive claims following appropriate procedures
- Other duties as assigned
- Post-secondary education in Administration and/or a minimum of 2 years’ reception/administrative experience is required
- High level of energy and a positive attitude
- Experience working with people from various cultural, ethnic and socio-economic backgrounds
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment
- Superior oral and written communication skills including an excellent telephone manner,
- Intermediate proficiency in MS Office programs (including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint, Access is considered an asset)
- Knowledge of EOIS Database an asset
- Experience with database management
- Attention to detail is required
- Ability to work in an performance based system with a proven track record of meeting targets and outcomes is essential
- Must have a valid driver’s license and access to a reliable vehicle
- Flexibility regarding assigned work hours and location
- Knowledge of Employment Services and or Not for profit is considered an asset
- Performs other duties, as required
All Job Skills employees employed under an Employment Ontario Employment Services Agreement will d eliver services in accordance with the agreement, service guidelines, performance and accountability requirements, standards and the community service plan.
Job Skills embraces diversity and encourages all qualified candidates to apply .
Accommodation is available to persons with disabilities, upon request.
We thank all applicants, but only those to be interviewed will be contacted.
130 Davis Drive, Unit 14
Newmarket, ON, L3Y 2N1
Employment Type: Part Time
Location: Peel, ON, CA
Posted on: 2015-08-17