OverviewJewish General Hospital Computer Technician Temporary in Côte-Saint-Luc, QC
Jewish General Hospital
Branch Côte-Saint-Luc QC CA
Document all operations, procedures and components of the IT infrastructure to ensure adequate support. Provide front-line support to users….
Under the leadership of the Chief of United Services, the computer technician is a person who carries out technical tasks related to programming (encoding, testing data, tests, corrections), using systems whose general framework is designed by the computer analyst. She/he installs, develops, configures and updates software. She/he accomplishes various tasks related to databases. She/he ensures the security of database information. She/he applies security and data safety procedures. She/he manages access to the computer system. She/he provides technical support for the software and computer equipment and she/he intervenes when service interruptions occur. She/he establishes plans for laying out the wiring to connect the various departments and services to the data processing center.
Specifically, he or she will be responsible for:
• Provide front-line support to users
• Provide second-line support to users
• Install work stations and client software programs in the department(s) and/or on the Citrix Metaframe servers
• Provide technical assistance to the supplier’s staff in the installation, update and support of the application and/or material
• Ensure appropriate security measures are applied at all times
• Document all operations, procedures and components of the SI-TI infrastructure to ensure adequate support
• Provide adequate support to project managers in the projects’ technological aspects
• Obtain authorization from the administrator (A) before proceeding with any changes
• Participate in projects managed by project managers
• In the case of applications developed internally, provide second-line support to users
• Ensure adequate configuration of software and materials based on established technological and safety standards
• Ensure a technological watch and continuous updating of software in order to comply with notices from suppliers
• Document all operations, procedures and components of the IT infrastructure to ensure adequate support
• Provide training and assistance on features of an application
• Act as a contact person with the Directorate of information resources and the supplier for any problem with an application after it is implemented and/or updated
• Contact the supplier (first) when problems arise in the use of the application and follow up with the application technical specialist from the Directorate of information resources (if required)
• Diploma of College Studies in Computer Sciences approved by Ministry
– Minimum of 2 years relevant to the position
• Certifications (MCSE or other)
• Bilingual : (French and English)
We thank all those who apply, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
If your work experience has changed since your last visit, be sure to attach your resume to assert your entire career path.
If you are applying for a mobile device (smartphone, tablet), you will receive an acknowledgment email asking you to go update your CV for your application to be considered.
Password Strength Info
- Uploaded files: % ( ) Total files:
- Uploading file:
- Elapsed time: Estimated time:
Employment Type: Temporary
Location: Côte Saint-Luc, QC, CA
Posted on: 2016-12-07